IHG Security Associate - Holiday Inn Mayur Vihar in United States
Do you see yourself as a Security Professional?
What's your passion? Whether you're into juggling or carving at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
1. The Location
Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
Ideally located just off the DND Flyway , Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida hotel is just 25 minutes drive from shopping at Connaught Place in Delhi`s city center and a 20 minute drive from tourist attractions like the the Akshardham Temple, Rajghat, Old Fort and Humayun's Tomb and also close to the new Taj Expressway, making it the perfect base for guests visiting the Taj Mahal in Agra. Our hotel has 192 guest rooms including two suites, Café on 3 all-day dining restaurant that serves Asian, Western and Mediterranean cuisine that offers quintessential American cuisine along with premium beverages, the 24-hour Business Center with a boardroom and two meeting rooms and banqueting facility for up to 650 guests. Dedicated to providing guests with exceptional service, Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida evokes a unique combination of understated elegance and modern luxury.
Join us as Security Associate at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida . You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because, for this vital role, we’re looking for someone who:
· demonstrates a pleasant personality with a mature disposition
· is willing to go the “Extra Mile” in order to exceed guests’ expectation
· is a team player and contributes to ensure the smooth operations of the Security
· is able to work on a rotating roster
· preferably has a certification/ basic knowledge in Hospitality/ Tourism
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· Manage the Security function to provide a safe and secure hotel environment for our guests and employees. Adhere to local regulations concerning OSHA, hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Ensure firearms and other weapons are not carried by staff when on duty
· Supervise emergency drills
· Oversee the security department including layout of security personnel and their detailed and regular training
· Perform leadership training for all senior security personnel
· Check and analyze all incoming reports to formalize action plan
· Maintain the loyalty and discipline of all security personnel
· Ensure the all security personnel as well as hotel’s staff are adhering to P&P and security procedures
· Establish good cooperation with hotel’s senior staff with other hotels
· Coordinate with the local investigator in crimes & accident handling and investigating
· Prepare security plan for specific events (seminar, conference, government guest, with wedding etc.)
· Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Hotel’s budget.
· Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
· Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
2. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Required Skills –
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Certification in safety and training and/or licensed as a Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer may be required. Certified CPR, First Aid instructor and training in law enforcement techniques desired.
· Working knowledge of local laws, investigation methods, OSHA requirements and fire codes and life safety codes.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· College or vocational training
· 4 years of security and safety experience and/or military/law enforcement experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Number of employees supervised –
Direct Security Personnel
Annual Operating Profit/Payroll Budget –
· Department Budget and Headcounts
Key Metrics –
· Departments Budget
· Employee Satisfaction Survey
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights) –
· Fire Control
4. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Key Internal Relationships –
· Hotel Executive Committee Members and Corporate Employees
Key External Relationships –
· Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
Job: Risk Management & Security
Location: New Delhi
Requisition ID: NEW002629