IHG Hygiene Executive in United States
Job Number EMEAA00113
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
EMEAA - - -
Your day to day
• Handles administrative works and keeps up-dated files on the following Hygiene matters:
o Statutory audits budget
o External lab expenses
o Other operational expenses
• Determines the minimum and maximum stocks and controls the par-stocks of all material and equipment
• Liaise with the Purchasing Manager and suppliers for any purchase needed for the Food Safety operation
• Conducts inventories in coordination with employees of the accounting division
• Manages all functions of the Food Safety operation to achieve the optimum departmental costs
• Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in Food Safety Management through trade literature, hotel show and site visits
• Conducts kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides a corrective action plan and keep record on findings.
• Check daily cleaning status in kitchen with respective kitchen managers and stewarding
• Knowledgeable to decision and problem solving skills
• Works closely with the training manager to conduct food handlers training sessions.
• Oversees the preparation of kitchen equipment for use
• To perform microbiological analysis of food & beverages, hand, linen equipment, swab testing and falling aerial count check
• Checking that all food items for storage are covered, dated and labeled
• Inspect food holding and transport equipment.
• Conduct regular spot checks on food items received for temperature abuse
• Co-ordinates microbial food tests to kitchen and laboratory in case of new products, supplies and suspected food borne illness complaints.
• Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughout the operation.
• Liaisons with pest control company and housekeeping for any pest issues in operations and reviews the pest control performance
• Conduct Hygiene audit of all kitchen associates and provides feedback
• Maintains records of food safety and Hygiene related forms, checks and audits
• Conducts Vendor inspection in co-ordination with purchase department.
• Maintains and makes improvement to hygiene standards.
What we need from you
Qualifications and requirements
• Degree or Vocational Certificate in Microbiology/Food Technology