IHG Hotel Standards Specialist in United States
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Americas Operations Quality team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
IHG Americas Regional Corporate Office located in Atlanta, GA offers a select group of corporate positions to be remotely home-based throughout the Americas region. This position is deemed a corporate remote role in order to function more effectively regarding the department’s objectives and goals as it relates to assigned IHG branded hotels or specific geographic territories. The location for this position is in either: Bloomington, Indiana, OR Columbus, Indiana, OR Greensburg, Indiana .
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can plan and perform system-wide product evaluations and quality assessments in an assigned regional area for franchise and CMH (Company Managed) hotels. Develop and track Hotel Action plans for franchise and CMH hotels, and consult with hotel management to review assessment data and recommend strategies for improvement as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
• Work with assigned portfolio of hotels to evaluate and document product quality levels through the use of the standardized Quality Evaluation process and software.
• Schedule and conduct Hotel Opening, Regular, Follow-up, and Special evaluations in order to measure overall quality levels pertaining to physical condition, cleanliness and compliance with Rules for Operation, Design and Construction, Life Safety, and Service Mark Standards. Conduct De-identification evaluations of hotels no longer in the system, to meet stipulations in the License Agreement.
• Consult with hotel management during walk through on opportunities to improve Service Levels and make recommendations on methods for producing these improvements within suggested the time frames. Develop Action Plans as a guide for hotel management, listing any deficiencies, action(s) required for improvement and target dates of completion.
• Discuss assessment results with hotel owners, General Managers or other appointee. Discussions include, but are not limited to, corrective action plans, timing, and recommendations.
• Submit documented results and other supporting criteria relative to each hotel evaluation to the Quality Department. Prepare and provide short recap to business leads recapping the hotel visit, findings and recommendations.
• Participate on any assigned projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Hospitality Hotel Administration, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
4 to 7 years progressive work-related experience in hotel operations or equivalent, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated clear, concise and communication skills, including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of user. May be required to use consultative or persuasive communication skills to effectively implement programs or resolve compliance issues with hotel managers.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of personal computers; includes Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, effectively schedule appointments and travel to maximize efficiency and minimize cost.
• Demonstrated the knowledge and understanding of quality standards and procedures in a hotel or similar environment.
• Demonstrated the ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, and to respond to individuals in manner and timeframe promised, or follow up to explain status.
• Demonstrated knowledge of training principles and procedures required.
• Strong problem solving and time management skills required.
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks required.
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role.
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights)
• Makes decisions concerning scheduling. Frequency of visits based on previous assessment results and/or 12 month Overall Satisfaction scores. However, hotels receiving failing assessments or increased guest complaints may be visited more frequently.
• Manages home office and travel costs within established budgetary restrictions. Takes questions or problems to Regional Manager or Director for assistance.
• Makes determinations of each hotel’s compliance with established quality standards and procedures. Learns to interact with hotel management, making recommendations for improvements and identifying critical improvement areas.
Contacts (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
Quality and Property Improvement/Plan Review staff: provide/receive input regarding property improvements and evaluation results.
Legal Department: concerning license agreements Failure/Default and Termination/De-identifications.
Brand Standards Manager: provide input for standards and designs on an as requested basis.
Hotel Performance Support Organization and Trainers: recommend hotel operation improvements.
External Key Relationships
Franchisees, GMs or managers at CMH hotels: provide feedback and recommendations on quality, and obtain input on hotel operations guidelines, standards, and individual property performance.
• Ability to travel extensively, 42-50 weeks per year.
• Majority of work performed in a hotel environment, or in a normal office or home office environment.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R149046