IHG General Manager - Kimpton Tokyo Shinjuku in United States
General Manager - Kimpton Tokyo Shinjuku
Job Number EMEAA01206
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
EMEAA - - -
A different way to stay! At Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, we are renowned for making travellers feel genuinely cared for through thoughtful perks and amenities, inventive meetings and events, bold and playful design, and a sincerely personal style of guest service.
The Kimpton brand is going global, with a pipeline beyond North America that includes Paris, Frankfurt, Taipei, Bali, Shanghai, and now Tokyo. We’re leading the way in individually designed and positioned boutique hotels and restaurants that provide truly unique properties with truly unique guest experiences to match.
With our first Kimpton in Japan set to open in the lead up to the Tokyo Olympics, we’re looking for an experienced and energetic General Manager to lead the hotel through pre-opening and open its doors to welcome the world in 2020.
The 162-room bespoke hotel will feature bold, playful design, award-winning dining and unique amenities, with three inventive meeting spaces that accommodate up to 300 people, a well-equipped wellness studio, and a multi-function chapel that will bring Kimpton flair to a couple’s special day
Your day to day
Kimpton Tokyo Shinjuku is looking for a unique General Manager to create an exceptional guest experience like no other.
You will be responsible for supervising the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of the team, while maintaining a high level of employee engagement through hands-on involvement on property and creating a culture of empowerment. Financial acumen is required for this role, as is a desire to be the best at what you do.
What we need from you
• 5 years of boutique/lifestyle luxury hotel management experience, with at least 2 years as a General
• Previous pre-opening experience highly regarded.
• Hands-on leadership experience within an upscale/luxury environment is critical.
• High degree of demonstrated passion for the guest experience is essential.
• Experience in hiring/scheduling, sales & marketing, and training.
• Experience in building and maintaining partnerships with third party ownership.
• Experience managing and interpreting financial reports.
• Must speak fluent English. Spoken Japanese would be a plus.
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodations worldwide, and the opportunity to progress your career with us.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly – we'll give you room to be yourself.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at careers.ihg.com