IHG Director of Human Resources in Thailand
Intercontinental Phuket Kamala Beach Resort
Luxury Cultivated in Siamese Tradition
Soon to debut as the latest Pearl on Phuket Island, InterContinental Phuket Kamala Beach Resort will be a haven that encapsulates all you desire in a tranquil retreat. From arriving to a foyer of ethereal beauty to living out the glamour of the InterContinental Life, every space and every detail throughout this resort has been carefully crafted to ensure that you only leave with the most beautiful of memories. And you will be back, if not for that stunning vista of the Andaman Sea that lies across.
Nestled in an enclosed bay surrounded by forested hills, this gem of a location is poised to be one of the finest hideaways in Phuket.
Oversee Human Resources programmes, including recruiting/employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, recognition programmes, and training programmes, to ensure policy compliance for hotel team members. Build and promote a positive team culture while ensuring our guests’ experience is unique and brings the brand to life. Coach and counsel General Manager and leadership team on all people-related issues.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
· Assist in the creation of and work within the established Human Resources department budget.
· Monitor staffing and labour standards to manage costs.
· Mitigate financial risks associated with employee relations issues.
· Identify and analyse local compensation and benefits practices to ensure financial competitiveness.
· Create programmes to foster teamwork and a positive work environment for all team members (example: all team meetings, team member recognition and celebration events, social committees, health fairs, etc.).
· Educate and train leaders and employees on various topics, including performance management processes, progressive disciplinary processes, and related programmes, to foster productivity and enhance performance.
· Conduct new team member orientation by providing information on hotel or company standards, policies, procedures and team member benefit programmes.
· Ensure that hotel or company hiring standards and governmental regulations are followed in a timely manner for recruiting and selection processes.
· Plan and assign work of the Human Resources staff. Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
· Recommend and implement guest service strategies that engage colleagues to respond to changing guest needs.
· Stay current on market trends and local changes that impact guest satisfaction.
· Make time to interact with guests to solicit feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction.
· Work with department managers to develop initiatives to achieve service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in local community.
· Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and hotel or company policies and procedures.
· Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution through your employee relations programmes.
· Collect and maintain data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports to identify trends, training needs, and supervisory issues.
· In a union environment, may manage labour relations and represent the hotel in grievances, mediations, arbitrations and contract negotiation.
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top Human Resources job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with extensive facilities and services, a number of major outlets, and catering and convention facilities. Typically manages multiple Human Resources professionals and/or administrative staff.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent plus 4 years of related experience in Human Resources. Some supervisory experience also preferred. Professional HR designation preferred. Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all Human Resources-related matters. Must speak local language(s). Other languages preferred.
Job: Sales & Business Development
Requisition ID: THA000023