IHG Director, Capital Planning & Projects, DACH in Germany
Director, Capital Planning & Projects, DACH
Based in Germany
We are looking for a Capital Planning & Projects Director DACH to join our European Design & Engineering Team.
The main role of IHG’s Director Capital Projects is to plan, execute, and finalise Property Investment Plans (PIPs) to agreed scope, programme and budget in IHG’s Owned, Leased and Company Managed Hotels in Europe.
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels,
HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Resort®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,300 hotels and more than 785,000 guest rooms in almost 100 countries, with more than 1,500 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for engaging resources (both internal as well as external) and coordinating the efforts of all relevant team members and third-party contractors / consultants to deliver PIPs per plan. The Director Capital Planning & Projects will define the project objectives and oversee process and control throughout the PIPs life cycle; from project feasibility to pre-construction phase, and then through the construction period and finally post-handover activities.
In addition, there will also be a requirement to support the Development team and Investment Analysis team by providing capital planning advice on new Hotels / acquisition deals and renewals.
▪ Direct the production of 5-year Capital Plans for IHG’s managed estate, working with the owners and IHG's relevant heads of Operations.
▪ Direct the production of 5-year Asset Plans for the owned and leased estate and lead the teams to implement said plans.
▪ As an integral part of the 5-year Capital Plans and Asset Plans, direct and manage the development of the Property Improvement Plan (PIP) ensuring all IHG Brand, quality, property & brand safety standards / requirements are accommodated.
▪ Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals, in collaboration with all stakeholders, for inclusion in the PIP.
▪ Support the development of detailed cost plans for all agreed PIP.
▪ Support the development of full-scale detailed PIP implementation programmes. Negotiate and deliver these to IHG stakeholders at all required levels for approval.
▪ Ensure PIP approval is made for individual projects.
▪ Review all 5-year Capital Plans and Asset Plans, PIPs, Property Reports (PRs), Property Audits and other similar documents.
▪ Review and approval of scope of Technical Services Agreements (TSAs) and Hotel Opening Services Agreements (HOSAs).
▪ Liaise with all project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
▪ Set, manage and communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
▪ Assess the resources and participants required to deliver the project and agree the need for additional staff and/or consultants when necessary.
▪ Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
▪ Conduct post-project reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements to drive improved practice and performance.
▪ Support IHG Brand team in the development of new brands and refreshed design for existing brands, by providing capital planning advice.
We are looking for someone with a Minimum 10 years’ direct work experience in a senior project management and/or cost management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, preferably in the hospitality sector.
Ideally you will have a University degree or college diploma in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Procurement or Project / Cost Management, preferably membership status of professional body (e.g. RICS, RIBA, APM, etc.).
You will have previously worked within an international/global organization, preferably in a service branded environment in the hospitality sector.
In addition, you will have a strong understanding of the various European business environments and countries of operation, preferably in the hospitality sector and have a proven track record of successful leadership of large multi-disciplinary project teams.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
IHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job: Capital & Asset Management
Requisition ID: R149820