IHG Intercontinental Taif - Oriental Cook (Male Saudi Nationality) in Taif, Saudi Arabia
Intercontinental Taif - Oriental Cook (Male Saudi Nationality)
Job Number EMEAA01050
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Europe, Middle East, Asia & Africa - Saudi Arabia - Eastern - Taif
The primary responsibility of this role is to align the hotel’s policies and procedures to deliver “Great Hotels Guests Love” and create the right environment in which our colleagues can experience our “winning ways and IHG commitment.
Under the general guidance of the, Executive Chef or his delegate, and within the limits of established policies, procedures and service performance and product standards, Oriental Cook is responsible to prepare food orders as per required standard and follow the guidelines of HACCP.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Your day to day
• Participates in Kitchen’s training or off job training as required by management
• Assists in ensuring that fridges, freezers, cupboards and working tables are kept clean at all times.
• Knows all recipes, menus and products related to assigned section
• Responsible to improve his knowledge and future growth with company
• Develops positive working relations with team members
• Ensures a high level of cleanliness in his Section by making sure that it is kept organized, fit for food production.
• Prepares food orders as per required standard
• Maintains high standard of quality and food presentation (follow pictures if there are any)
• Maintains comprehensive product knowledge on ingredients, equipments, market and current trends
• Deals effectively with guest requests and takes appropriate actions to resolve guests complaints
What we need from you
• Reports any non-available item to Section Head, and proposes an alternative if the item can not be prepared within an acceptable time frame.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Ensures that equipment is used correctly, kept cleaned, and reports any defects promptly.
• Reports any injury and accidents to his supervisor or kitchen management
• Must be familiar with HACCP standards and food hygiene regulations
What we offer
SR 3,140 Monthly Basic Salary plus housing and transportation and other benefits as part of Intercontinental Hotel Group