IHG Room Attendant (Housekeeper) - Staybridge Suites Seattle in Seattle, Washington
Do you see yourself as the Room Attendant for our Staybridge Suites Seattle property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or
karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the
same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people
who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for
more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will clean guest rooms and/or suites in a timely and thorough manner to ensure total guest satisfaction.
At Staybridge Suites® we want our guests to feel like part of the family which means we need you to:
• Be down-to-earth by being straightforward and natural
• Be thoughtful by being perceptive, caring and accommodating
• Be sociable by being upbeat, involved and friendly
• Be reliable by being professional, a team player and resourceful
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
• Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
• Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
• Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
• Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
• May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
• May have turndown duties.
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
• Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
• Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
• Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling,
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits
package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life
insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are
available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most
importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and
tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females /
Disabilities / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190240SEAMF9