IHG Keep Active Engineer (Maintenance Representative) - EVEN Hotels Seattle in Seattle, Washington
Do you see yourself as a Maintenance Representative for our EVEN Hotels Seattle property?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, baseball or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
The Keep Active Engineer is responsible for performing general maintenance work to ensure hotel, federal, state and local maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. The Keep Active Engineer will also be responsible for making sure our guests are able to Keep Active during their stay with shuttle service as required by property.
The Maintenance Representative will also complete work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, HVAC, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. and ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day's work. He/She will refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters and paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed. They will maintain the front entrance area, parking lot and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner and maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting). You will follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste. and may assist with other duties
• Basic reading, writing, and math skills
• 1 year(s) of general building maintenance and repair experience.
• Ability to speak English
• Flexible work schedule
• High School Diploma or related vocational training
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and colleagues
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive instructions for the day or to read equipment repair manuals
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, are used frequently
• Working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical skills, preventive maintenance procedures, and reasonable understanding of building equipment and hand tools.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
• Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling
approximately 200 pounds
• Frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
• Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
• Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us more about yourself by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190210SEASW1