IHG Front Desk Agent - Staybridge Suites Seattle in Seattle, Washington
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent for our Staybridge Suites Seattle property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures.
At Staybridge Suites® we want our guests to feel like part of the family which means we need you to:
• Be down-to-earth by being straightforward and natural
• Be thoughtful by being perceptive, caring and accommodating
• Be sociable by being upbeat, involved and friendly
• Be reliable by being professional, a team player and resourceful
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
• Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
• Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
• Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
• Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
• Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
• Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with
• Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling objects, products and computer equipment
• Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
• Basic math skills are used frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190217SEAMF4