IHG Food & Beverage Attendant - Staybridge Suites Seattle in Seattle, Washington
Do you see yourself as a Food & Beverage Attendant for our Staybridge Suites Seattle property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will attend food and beverage buffet areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standard, and hotel requirements.
At Staybridge Suites® we want our guests to feel like part of the family which means we need you to:
• Be down-to-earth by being straightforward and natural
• Be thoughtful by being perceptive, caring and accommodating
• Be sociable by being upbeat, involved and friendly
• Be reliable by being professional, a team player and resourceful
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Purchase and/or requisition for purchase inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
• Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report to supervisor all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs.
• Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, trays, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. to serve all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
• Welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet area, which may include but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles and clear tables as required.
• May operate dishwashing machine in accordance with manufacturer specifications and instructions and place clean dishes and utensils in assigned storage location.
• Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from the buffet areas.
• Follow preparation methods, times, and quality and presentation standards. Monitor taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, and garnish method as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Standing up and moving about the kitchen and cafeteria
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and supervisors.
• Food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing buffet items from instructions.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, measurements, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R194009SEAMF2