IHG Eat Well Provider (Chef Commis) - EVEN Hotels Seattle in Seattle, Washington
Do you see yourself as a Cook/Commis Chef ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into football, fashion or flamingos at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
The Eat Well Provider prepares meals in accordance with the brand quality standards specified in recipes, maintains kitchen cleanliness standards, and assists the Eat Well Director with food inventory, rotation and ordering. Will also be cross-trained as an Eat Well Host to assist and perform duties as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares and cooks orders for daily operations. Ensure all foods are cooked properly and hot foods are served hot, cold foods served cold.
• Advises supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
• Ensures all back of house spaces are properly cleaned and sanitized as outlined in the F&B Training manual.
• Safely and properly stores food and beverage products, inventory and equipment.
• Replenishes supplies based on business forecasts in a timely and efficient manner.
• Advises supervisor of low inventory items and assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
• Communicates and coordinates with other departments to provide and receive insight about guest needs, requests, and complaints.
• Works closely with the Eat Well Hosts to collaboratively deliver simple, natural and good options to our guests.
• Brings to life Simple.Natural.Good menu options that support our guests’ dietary needs and nutritional choices.
• Responds appropriately to guest complaints and implements appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Regularly seek and use guest feedback to ensure that special needs and requests are fulfilled.
• Shares own wellness journey with colleagues and guests.
• Remains current on brand, wellness, nutrition and industry information required to deliver the EVEN Hotels programs and services.
• Maintains a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and
• Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
• Maintains Green Engage initiatives in assigned work area.
• Maintains sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meets or exceeds the state and local
• Health Board inspection and EVEN Hotels requirements.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Alcohol awareness certification, food service permit (or valid health/food handler card), and any other
credentials required by local or state government agency
• At least 1 year commercial food production work experience
• Must speak and write English fluently
• Eligible to work in the U.S.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Demonstrated recent experience planning and preparing healthy food in a work or non-work setting
• Some formal training in healthy food preparation
• Bilingual, Spanish preferred
• Demonstrated recent and regular participation in wellness, nutrition, sports, fitness or similar activities a plus.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with other colleagues such as Eat
Well Partners, etc.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the
scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Standing up and moving about the kitchen
• Climb short ladders
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190251SEASW0