IHG Conference Services Manager - InterContinental San Diego in San Diego, California
Do you see yourself as a Conference Services Manager - InterContinental San Diego ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into chess, shopping or farming, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This position will manage and coordinate all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department.
This exciting role will manage and coordinate all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Confirm in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via sales contract terms, addendums, confirmation of pricing, group resumes, and/or banquet event order.
• Work with sales staff to service and solicit new business. Up-sell client events and manage function space and room block inventory as assigned.
• Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget and implementation of the hotel’s catering and conference strategy.
• May assist in developing and implement sales actions plan as assigned. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
• Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups).
• As needed, assist the client in menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decorations, traffic flow, room set-up, group room blocks and VIP services, etc.
• Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
• Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
• Monitor and ensure all functions are set up, refreshed, and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
• Work in a timely manner to executive and distribute all Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and contracts as designated by sales.
• Conduct hotel and banquet facility tours and entertain qualified clients in accordance with company and property policies.
• Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Review daily postings of charges to master accounts of clients and resolve any discrepancies, or process necessary adjustments. Review final bill prior to presenting to client. Complete post-conference reports of events for senior management, and complete other reports as needed or requested.
• Report and communicate Meeting event needs between the client and hotel.
• Prepare and distribute amenity request forms for specified clients. Obtain designated approvals and follow-up on delivery.
• Check function room set ups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client’s requirements and hotel standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by appropriate personnel.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Typically has accountability for coordinating assigned conferences, group bookings or special events in full service, luxury, or resort hotel with catering and or resort hotel with catering and/or convention facilities.
Some College plus 1-2 years of conference services experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of hotel conference services management experience preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Handling objects
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
• May require a valid Driver’s License.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Location: CA-San Diego
Requisition ID: R191816SANHB1