IHG Keep Active Host (Front Desk Agent) EVEN Hotels Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Do you see yourself as a Keep Active Host/Front Desk Agent for our EVEN Hotels Pittsburgh property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
The Keep Active Host provides top notch customer service to ensure guests are taken care of by delivering a guest experience that is unique and brings the EVEN Hotels brand to life. The Keep Active Host delivers core guest services (EVEN Hotels signature greeting with hand towel and water, registration/check-in/out luggage assistance, guest services and support, familiarization with hotel facilities) and supports wellness by engaging guests with expertise at the Wellness Wall and Athletic Studio, and is cross-trained as an Eat Well Host.
• Welcomes and provides personal recognition promptly and professionally to guests upon arrival.
• Offers each guest a welcome drink upon arrival, completes the check-in transaction efficiently, describes the hotel services and demonstrates the Wellness Wall and applicable guests mobile device applications.
• Interacts with guests to discover their wellness needs and offers options to help guests make healthier choices during their stay.
• Extends invitations to hotel wellness programs and best support the guests’ wellness routines.
• Monitors Athletic Studio, keeps equipment clean, and has fresh water available at all times.
• Demonstrates proper use of fitness equipment as requested.
• Answers phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Up-sells rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
• Books, confirms, revises and cancels guest reservations as needed.
• Serves as Eat Well Host to handle peak dining periods.
• Operates the retail sundry sales area and keeps shelves stock and organized.
• Hosts and participates in regular hotel wellness programs and fulfills scheduled exercise workouts in the Flex Room.
• Ensures billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensures all transactions are handled in a secure manner.
• Processes cash and credit card transactions according to standard operating procedures, including posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
• Shares own wellness journey with colleagues and guests.
• Leverages the support of other team members and departments to enhance the guest experience.
• Communicates and coordinates with other departments to provide and receive insight about guest needs, requests, and complaints.
• Responds appropriately to guest complaints and implements appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Demonstrates Brandheartedness by putting the brand at the center of all activities.
• Remains current on brand, wellness, nutrition and industry information required to deliver the EVEN Hotels programs and services.
• Seeks and uses guest feedback to build relationships with guests, and drives continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
• Ensures that special needs and requests of guests, VIPs, and IHG Rewards Club Members are fulfilled.
• Maintains Green Engage initiatives in assigned work area.
• Knows procedures to handle emergency/crisis.
• High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience or 2 years face-to-face customer service experience in any service related industry, including retail
• Must speak fluent English
• Flexible work schedule
• Bilingual, Spanish
• Some college classes
• Hotel or cruise ship guest services experience
• Demonstrated recent and regular participation in wellness, nutrition, sports, fitness or similar activities a plus.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
• Basic math skills are used frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling various objects
• Using a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190217PITEV4