IHG Electrician in Phuket, Thailand
HOTEL INDIGO PHUKET PATONG
Assist the Engineering superior with general hotel and building maintenance and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of your customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide special expertise and handle all repair and maintenance of various electrical systems
· Provide special expertise and handle high voltage electrical systems as required.
· Attends to repairs and maintenance of electrical circuits in all areas of hotel control.
· Attends preventive maintenance on electrical panels/ equipment.
· Attends to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises including any new additions / extensions to the Hotel or any other properties maintained by the Hotel.
· Advises improvements to the present system in order to optimize the operating efficiency and economy of the said system.
· Participates in Hotel Energy Conservation Program.
· Attends to all work request and repairs and maintenance works
· Use initiative and foresight to undertake tasks outlined within the preventative maintenance program without the direction of the Shift Engineer/Chief Engineer.
· Responsible for servicing and attending to repairs on various types of equipment such as laundry equipment, kitchen equipment, heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment, including motors, pumps, fans, water treatment plants, sewage treatment plant and electricity generators, electric lights & powers, CCTV, telephone, TV, fire lives and safety equipment & system.
· Attend all on job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures
· Attend all types of various technical skill training
· Ensures that house rules are followed and obeyed.
· Ensures punctual attendance and adherence to duty schedules by all subordinate staff.
· Ensures that personal grooming and hygiene standards are being observed. Does spot checks in the morning.
· Ensures all Engineering Standards and Procedures as issued from time to time are followed.
· Insure Hotel Rules and Regulations are fully followed, avoid any of the followings, but not limited to:
1 Sleeping whilst on duty
2 Late arriving at beginning of shift
3 Early departure at the end of the shift
4 Not following up on guest complaints
5 Not adhering to grooming standards
· Complete work orders as requested by hotel various departments to meet customer requirements
· Interacts and cooperates with Hotel guests and outside contractors as necessary or directed by superior.
· Interacts and cooperates with other departments when necessary to provide additional or specialized services for functions, promotions and festivities.
· Demonstrate Awareness of IHG Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within PPE guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
· Be aware of duty of care and adhere to work place health and safety related various IHG policies and procedures
· Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
· Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
· Ensures that the work shop and related areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
· Complies with Hotel's Health, Safety & Hygiene Policy.
Perform other duties as assigned by superior.
This is the top Maintenance/Engineering job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with multiple sites and facilities, a number of major outlets, high volume catering and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests. Be responsible for handling of all types of work request and repair & maintenance work
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Technical school graduate in electrical trade or obtain vocational training plus 2 years of experience in electrical work and prefer 1 year in hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Obtain electrical general work and high voltage license.
Requisition ID: PHU000353