IHG Head Chef - Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb in Muscat, Oman
Head Chef - Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
Job Number EMEAA00206
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
EMEAA - Oman - Muscat - Muscat
Direct the operation of the kitchen(s), including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled.
Your day to day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete forecasts, plans and departmental production reports for management.
• Participate in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
• Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
• Manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
• Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training and equipment to carry out job duties.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
•Solicit guest feedback to improve food and presentation quality.
•Assist with addressing customer questions and issues relating to kitchen services.
•Assist Food and Beverage Director with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
•Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
•Develop menu design and concepts for all food and/or bar outlets and catering events. Monitor competitor and industry trends.
•Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimize waste and pilferage.
•Ensure that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
•Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and hotel or company policies and procedures.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts and five years of experience as a chef, with at least one year in a supervisory capacity or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience. Must speak local language(s).