IHG Portfolio Revenue Manager in Lumpini Pathumwan, Thailand
Portfolio Revenue Manager
Job Number R149466
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
EMEAA - Thailand - Bangkok - Lumpini Pathumwan
What's your passion? Whether you're into jogging, reading or sky-diving, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we're looking for a Portfolio Revenue Manager to join our fun and energetic team
Under the guidance of the Director RMH, Regional Lead Revenue Manager, Regional Commercial & Revenue Performance Leaders, provide direction to the hotel Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management team and ensure execution of effective strategies and actions for revenue management, pricing, yield management, forecasting and channel delivery to achieve agreed RevPAR, RGI, system delivery, revenue and profitability objectives.May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities. Role will be managing mostly Thai hotels with Thai speaking stakeholders and is required to be able to speak Thai fluently.
Your day to day
• Reviews secondary research data & analysis to understand competitor practices & performance, economic & consumer trends and the dynamic of the market & demand generators. Uses this knowledge to identify and implement opportunities to generate incremental revenues and therefore drive revenue and pricing strategies with adequate ROI for all portfolio hotels.
• Supports “Revenue Champion” at hotel with insights to ensure that pricing, conversion and yield restrictions in Holidex Plus and Perform are appropriate to forecasted demand and inventory is balanced and the daily operations of the Reservations team and revenue systems are managed effectively.
• Responsible for analyzing group activity, including denials, regrets, booking pace, wash and cut off enforcement. Implement Group and FIT strategy calendar to assist the teams on the ground to take relevant pricing decisions at all times.
• Understanding of the MACRO and competitor environment through secondary research/3rdParty Tools like Agency360 etc (subject to subscription by hotel). Demonstrate a clear understanding of the impact and effect on our hotels, by communicating appropriate direction to wider community and stakeholders (hotel team, area team, sales and marketing)
• Monitor competitor pricing for rooms through 3rd party tools like Market Vision Reports/Rate 360 (subject to subscription by hotel) and understand the dynamics of the local market and demand generators. Recommend appropriate strategies and actions relating to pricing, prospect accounts and market mix on this basis to the revenue team.
• Review competitor set results on a weekly basis to enable analysis of penetration indices.
•Analyze and understand market reach / penetration, giving direction to Sales & Marketing regarding strategic shifts that need to happen – Short, Medium and Long Term.
Forecasting / Budget:
▪ Depending on the service level as defined in the RMH Agreement, you will be expected to conduct your scheduled yield meetings with the hotel to discuss the Forecast for the Rest of The Year and other key agenda items.
▪ In compliance with InterContinental Hotels Group standards, update the room forecast in Integrated Business Plan (IBP) / SBRP and share the file with the hotel.
▪ Communicate regularly with each hotel and the area team regarding hotel performance, opportunities and/or threats.
▪ Consider and comment on economic, political, social activity and trends which are likely to influence business outcomes.
▪ Based on the agreed Forecast, there might be changes required in the pricing and inventory management in Holidex Plus. The same to be implemented subject to relevant hotel approvals.
▪ Support the sales and marketing strategies and actions based on the forecast and budget communicated.
▪ Review and analyze Predictive Demand Intelligence (PDI) reports, IHG Revenue Management Reports and other tools to consider and formulate recommendations.
▪ Review PERFORM forecast and hurdle points relevant to the IBP forecast and if necessary, revise segment forecasting to ensure that product and inventory yielding and length of stay is being managed appropriately
▪ Ensure forecasting accuracy for all market segments.
▪ Evaluate group acceptance and pricing, in line with forecasted demand
▪ Update and analyze denial and regret activity, proportional to demand and pricing
▪ Based on the service level, you might be involved in the annual budgeting process that will include recommending ideal targets supported by data and analysis. The IBP/SBRP might be required to be updated with the budget numbers.
▪ Ensure IBP/SBRP is updated with relevant data inputs at all times.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have a recognised degree with 5 years of experience in Hospitality Industry.
Advanced understanding of Yield Management with a minimum of 3 years experience preferably in a Cluster/Portfolio Revenue Management Environment Management experience required.
•Intimate knowledge of Central Reservation System (Holidex Plus/Trust/Marsha etc), Property Management.
•Proven knowledge of Revenue Management Software Systems like Optims, Ideas, RateGain, Perform & Price Optimization
•IHG Systems & Tools knowledge will be ideal
•Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, particularly Excel
•Excellent report writing and presentation skills
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation world wide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at careers.ihg.com.