IHG Lobby Greeter - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown in Los Angeles, California
Lobby Greeter - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Job Number R153290
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
United States - United States - California - Los Angeles
Do you see yourself as a Lobby Greeter? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Your day to day
• Welcome guests and provide directions.
• Share local knowledge of the surrounding area to assist guests.
• Work with other departments in the hotel to communicate guest needs.
• Report product or cleanliness deficiencies.
• Take ownership and provide service recovery when needed.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Be knowledgeable and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals to assist as needed.
• Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner; ensure guests are offered assistance navigating the hotel.
• Provide guests with comprehensive information about hotel services, places of interest, restaurants, doctors, sightseeing tours, and any other information of interest.
• May be stationed in heavy guest traffic areas of the hotel to assist.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent plus some guest service or hospitality experience preferred. Some College and knowledge of locale preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling objects such communication devices
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Standing for long periods of time
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and colleagues.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, etc.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• May be required to complete other tasks as needed.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans