IHG Hotel Manager - Crowne Plaza London Kensington in London, United Kingdom
Hotel Manager - Crowne Plaza London Kensington
Job Number R146670
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
EMEAA - United Kingdom - London - London
Do you see yourself as a Hotel Operations Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Crowne Plaza London-Kensington hotel is an elegant 162 bed- roomed, 4* Deluxe hotel which has recently undergone a fantastic renovation. Crowne Plaza London- Kensington facilities include a boutique style lobby, a private Club Lounge, an amazing restaurant, a lively bar, five conference rooms and a fitness centre.
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for you to join our Executive Management team as Hotel Operations Manager reporting directly to the General Manager Edward Bracken.
Your day to day
Functions as the strategic business leader of property operations and acts as General Manager in his absence.
Areas of responsibility include Front Office, Recreation/Fitness Centre, Housekeeping, Security/Loss Prevention, Engineering/Maintenance, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Event Management.
This role is a pivotal role working with direct reports (Executive Committee members and department heads) to develop and implement the operations strategy and ensuring implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
The position ensuring operations meet the brand's target customer needs, ensuring employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes financial performance. As a member of the Executive Committee, our Hotel Operations Manager develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.
• Managing Profitability and Departmental Budgets
• Keeps operations team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Ensures that all operational areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Operations is performing against budget.
• Ensures capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the service strategy.
• Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establishing ways to improve the departments' financial performance.
• Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
• Identifies and analyses operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
• Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holds team accountable for results.
• Develops an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand's business strategy and leads its execution.
• Makes and executes key decisions to keep property moving forward towards achievement of goals.
• Managing Property Operations
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding operational goals to produce desired results on a continuous basis.
• Tours building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
What we need from you
Have Previous experience and track record in working and progressing within Hospitality and Hotels is a must for this role.
• Proven experience of Hotel Management, to Department Leader or Director.
• Previous experience in emergency response and duty management
• Excellent spoken and written command of the English language, other languages are beneficial
• All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including night, weekends and bank holidays
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a salary up to £50,000 and benefits package including free meals on duty, pension scheme, fitness club membership, hotel discounts worldwide, access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.