IHG Executive Chef-ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe in JP-28, Japan
Executive Chef-ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe
Job Number EMEAA01201
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
EMEAA - Japan - JP-28 -
Making business travel work
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts we believe business travel should work better.
In every market in the world, business has changed, and so has work. It’s more digital, more flexible, more mobile, more connected.
As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centres, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe.
• Direct daily kitchen activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
• Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance
• Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
• Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of kitchen needs and ensure timely responses to requests
• You’ll make sure our dishes are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
• Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation to develop your own ideas in the kitchen
• Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely – always keep stock replenished to minimise waste
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment and environment are hygienic and working properly
• Always follow governmental regulations and company policies and procedures
• Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
• Encourage guest feedback to improve guest satisfaction
• Answer guest questions about dishes and kitchen services
• Help the Food and Beverage Director with event planning
• Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management
• Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen
• Degree or certificate in culinary arts
• 5 years’ experience as a chef
• Must speak local language(s)
• At least one year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.