IHG Assistant Executive Housekeeper in Hua Hin, Thailand
BEACHFRONT RESORT IN HUAHIN
Companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
Overlooking pristine white sands, InterContinental Hua Hin Resort is an elegant Hua Hin hotel near the beach and has two beachfront villas with private plunge pools. Let InterContinental Hua Hin Resort's private jet fly you here from Bangkok. Choose from eight restaurants and bars serving authentic Thai cuisine and international fare. This Hua Hin hotel near the night market offers many shopping and dining options, with further diversions of golf, elephant treks and the Royal Summer Palace.
At InterContinental Hua Hin Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· Assist in managing the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives. Serve as Executive Housekeeper in his/her absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Monitors Housekeeping personnel to ensure guests receive prompt and courteous service
· Monitor Housekeeping personnel to ensure rooms, and particularly those of priority members, known repeat guests and other VIP’s receive special attention
· Informs other operating departments of Housekeeping matters, which concern notably the Front Office, to ensure accurate room status, in addition to communicating with Engineering and the Laundry
· Schedules routine inspections by supervisors, of all housekeeping areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms
· Inspects guest rooms in all Housekeeping areas on a regular basis to ensure furnishing, facilities and equipment are clean and in good repair, well maintained and replaced / refurbished as required
· Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary
· Follows up on progress of agenda items covered in regular meetings
· Ensures Housekeeping personnel are familiar with in house facilities for the purpose of assisting guests
· Maintains a steady flow of communication to the Executive Housekeeper on all matters affecting the Housekeeping Department
· Supervises outside contractors to ensure contractual compliance
· Ensures that consumption of guest supplies is under control
· Assists in monitoring and controlling Housekeeping procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and guests
· Works with the Executive Housekeeper on routine cleaning programs including spring cleans, etc
· Acts on behalf of the Executive Housekeeper in his / her absence as assigned
· Works with Superior and Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Superior Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
· Take responsibility in apply hotel safety & Security standard into daily operation
· All job assigned by supervisor
Required Skills –
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Good writing skills
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Problem solving, motivating, organizational and training abilities
· Strong Leadership skills in managing teams
· Diploma in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent
· 3 years housekeeping experience preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity and including supervisory experience.
· Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation
Job: Housekeeping Management
Location: Thailand-Hua Hin
Requisition ID: HUA000434