IHG Senior Sales Manager - InterContinental Houston - Medical Center in Houston, Texas
Do you see yourself as a Senior Sales Manager for our InterContinental Houston property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This role is responsible for overseeing and implementing all sales activities for a specific area.
This exciting role will oversee and implement all sales activities for a specific area of responsibility or market segment(s), including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and implementation of sales strategies.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sell hotel room nights through direct client contact; maintain a high level of visibility for the hotel in major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts and written communication.
• Implement hotel-level tactical sales plans as assigned to achieve greater profitability through increasing average rates, increasing overall occupancy, increasing business volume during off-peak periods, and enhancing the image of the hotel in the local community.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions and trade shows, to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments. Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations, and plan effective solutions in conjunction with department heads to best expedite these situations.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies within local, domestic and international markets – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• May coordinate business group activities at the hotel and work closely with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
• Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
• Actively participate in forecasting and goal setting. Participate in the annual budget process, and development of sales and marketing plans.
• Achieve personal and team sales goals as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
May coordinate business group activities at the hotel and work closely with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, and 4 years total experience working with a large or a variety of market segments, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Handling objects
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
• May require a valid Driver’s License.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R144433