IHG IT Manager - InterContinental Hotels Houston Medical Center in Houston, Texas
IT Manager - InterContinental Hotels Houston Medical Center
Job Number R191594HOUIT0
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
United States - United States - Texas - Houston
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Your day to day
• Develop and control the departmental budget.
• Coordinate purchase of program applications or enhancements to meet specific hotel needs only if these applications are not covered by existing standards prescribed by the corporate office.
• Designate selected individuals for each system to train so that these individuals can train other users.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert General Manager of potentially serious issues.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to arrange services
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups)
• Manage and monitor the operation of all computer hardware, ensure all systems are working and installed properly, and serve as the primary contact for servicing the computer hardware.
• Ensure that all systems are covered by the proper maintenance contracts and that preventive maintenance is performed as required.
• Continually keep informed of approved systems and technology that may contribute to improve hotel efficiency, including, but not limited to :
Personal Computer and Software
Electronic Key Systems
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all computer hardware.
• Manage the configuration reports, job control languages, program files and data files on the computer system(s) to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
• Monitor the performance of the software and maintain a log book of performance report e.g., through systems measurement facility/utility, error and integrity check reports, system malfunctions and solutions.
• Establish documents, test, and communicate appropriate emergency procedures to follow when the hotel computer system(s) are inoperable.
• Ensure that all computer media saves and back-ups are completed, documented and stored per IHG specifications.
• Manage the day to day activities of the Information Technology function, plan and organize work.
• Install and test corporate approved program changes to the hotel computer system(s).
• Investigate and report software problems to the vendor, or appropriate corporate department.
• Understand all standard and customized features and functions of the hotel front office systems, point of sale systems, and other systems, including but not limited to system security, system reports, manager functions, system utilities, and user functions.
• Control the key/lock for computer room and ensure that the computer room fire protection, temperature control, and power requirements meet the company security specification as described in the company security system.
• Control all user ID’s, passwords, and security parameters.
• Maintain technical and user documentation, systems reports, newsletter and announcement in an orderly and secure fashion.
• Complete & distribute activity reports, program trouble reports, and enhancement list.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• May serve “manager on duty” as required.
This is the top IT job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services, and extensive systems needs.
What we need from you
Requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or relevant field of expertise, and 2 years of systems experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You should have a working knowledge of local area networks and Microsoft Windows. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.