IHG Catering Sales Manager - InterContinental Houston Medical Center in Houston, Texas
Catering Sales Manager - InterContinental Houston Medical Center
Job Number R147016
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
United States - United States - Texas - Houston
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Your day to day
• Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales efforts to secure business for the hotel to ensure that catering revenue goals are met or exceeded. Actively prospect and qualify new business.
• Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
• Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
• Check function room set ups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client’s requirements and hotels standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by appropriate personnel.
• Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
• Follow up with guests regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
• Monitor and ensure all functions are set up, refreshed, and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
• Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
• Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
• May assist in developing and implement sales actions plan as assigned. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
• May assist client in menu planning. May coordinate food, beverage, table arrangements and decorations with Banquet Department.
What we need from you
Some College plus 1-2 years sales or catering related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of hotel and food & beverage operations preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Handling objects
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
• May require a valid Driver’s License.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans