IHG Digital Channel Manager, EMEAA in Home Counties, United Kingdom
Digital Channel Manager, EMEAA
Job Number R152000
EMEAA - United Kingdom - Home Counties -
About IHG and the role
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on creating Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering on our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
About the role:
The role is responsible for analysing, consolidation and tracking of all channel optimization project plans, program management activities, cost planning, and coordination of all EMEAA project plans involved. The Digital Channel Manager, EMEAA has key skills to apply the knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
The Digital Channel Manager, EMEAA will support the development and execution of the multi-year Web Optimization Strategy for EMEAA. This role will work closely with key influencers, from global and EMEAA brand representatives, loyalty marketing, commercial, revenue management team as well as all Digital Channels team. The role will include driving the growth of rooms revenue to the Distribution Channels through Global D&V programs and SEO by generating incremental revenue and leveraging the Digital channels.
• Support the review of English digital content needs across digital platforms, and provide feedback to further improve hotel content as part of the overall Compelling Digital Content Strategy through organic keyword searches
• Leverage EMEAA S&M resourcing and training teams to build relevant Web Optimization strategies, best practices, and skillsets for on-property adoption
• Establish Global-to-regional relationship with stakeholders and external agencies to ensure Global programs are communicated and executed in an efficient manner
• Maintain understanding of current events regarding online trends, search engine, or related industry and its affiliates. Communicate knowledge of industry landscape to brands and regions and become the internal expert on Web Optimization initiatives
• Identify, review, and embed new or enhanced ways of working with regional Omni-Channel Managers for specific in-market and in-language nuances in support of EMEAA Digital Channel initiatives
• Utilize the relevant methodologies, competitive intelligence, marketing knowledge, brand strategy, analytical frameworks, and/or financial modelling skills to support Director, Market Channel Optimization EMEAA and leadership to identify growth opportunities and challenges in the digital and voice channels products, services and programs
• Establish project management methodology, including standardized processes, procedures, templates and documentation. Ensure Web Optimization activities are consistent with established standards, follow departmental development processes and meet user and business objectives
• Provide guidance in developing optimization, reporting and delivery of Global to regional programs by engaging with Omni-Channel functions within each Business Unit.
You will have 6-10 years’ progressive work related experience in a medium sized or multiregional web/digital channels’ role with proven executional experience with results. Similarly, you will have at least 4-5 years in internet business or similar business function with a focus on sales, business development or marketing and/or significant complex project related to interactive or similar brand/channels in the travel or similar industry.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of key Digital tools, systems and principles, ideally an understanding of at least 1 platform including Web, Mobile or Social. Similarly, you will have demonstrated success in driving Internet consumer (B2C) revenue growth through marketing, business development, or sales program participation, creation & implementation, or management. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated some level of interactive marketing program management experience and understanding of search engine dynamics including the interrelationships between various search engines, placement service providers, and consumer portals
You will have Ability to influence internal customers and business leaders and effectively establish strong working relationships that produce solid results. Alongside this you will have Superior oral and written communications skills including presentation skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel and Word) The successful candidate will be able to drive alignment and execution to the business ambitions, translating plans and allocating resources to its effective delivery
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 – 35 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.