IHG Resident Manager /Hotel Manager - InterContinental Doha The City in Doha, Qatar
Do you see yourself as a Resident Manager/ Hotel Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
We are looking for a charming, confident, sophisticated and internationally minded Resident Manager with a great drive to deliver great experiences and exceed guest expectations and inspire others..
Within the midst of this incredible and fast emerging destination; Qatar, towering 225 meters high in the exclusive business district of West Bay stands a new dimension in luxury, InterContinental Doha The City ; an icon of modern architecture had opened the doors for the guests on 19 February 2012 and had set the standard in modern upscale accommodation for business and leisure travelers with 525 rooms divided into 349 guest rooms and suites, 176 Residence Suites and 7 exiting F&B outlets as well a nearly 2000 sqm Events Centre.
The Resident Manager will report directly to the General Manager, and its main role is toassist in providing day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards, and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community and taking full responsibility for the hotel operations in the absence of the General Manager.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect as a leader.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
The Resident Manager will report directly to the General Manager, and its main role is to assist in providing day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards, and building awareness of the hotel and brand in the local community and taking full responsibility for the hotel operations in the absence of the General Manager.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts ® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Be energetic, inspiring and have a passion for making people feel special with a touch of class
Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of strategic, financial and operational plans for the hotel to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, market share and sales potential and profitability.
· Actively take a Sales & Marketing lead role and initiate and coordinate activities to increase revenues, market share, and monitor hotel performance to ensure meeting or exceeding established financial budget plans
· Review monthly reports and revenue forecasts to analyze current/potential markets, revenue and sales trends and develop plans and sales strategies that support the growth in market share and revenues
· Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty.
·Lead day-to-day activities, plan and assign improvement projects, and establish performance and development plans and goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member’s performance, and recognize good performance.
· Be an inspiring team player and team maker with a great focus on creating the right working environment for team members to feel valued and inspired to get the best out of people
· Educate, coach, train and motivate hotel team members while ensuring they have the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out their jobs.
· Recommend and/or initiate human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel and/or company rules and policies.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
· Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing top quality guest services and amenities, which should demonstrate to impact the overall guest experiences in the hotel.
· Take a lead role in the interaction with guests and external stakeholders, including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
· Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with owners’ policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts.
· Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses.
· Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint.
· Perform any other duties as assigned that will support the hotel in the overall goals.
This job is the second in command to the General Manager in the hotel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· A Minimum of a minimum of 2 years of demonstrable experience in a similar capacity at a 5 star class international hotel within the Middle East.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related degree / MBA would be an asset.
· Strong background in Sales & Marketing, Revenue Management and general hotel operations with a track record in Rooms Division
· Possess strong communication & persuasive skills and demonstrating ability to interact with guests, colleagues, vendors, senior executives and corporate offices to the benefit of the hotel.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
Job: Operations Manager / Hotel Manager
Requisition ID: DOH002807