IHG Senior Corporate Counsel, Commercial & Marketing EMEAA in Denham, United Kingdom
Senior Corporate Counsel, Commercial & Marketing EMEAA
Job Number R703114_24
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
EMEAA - United Kingdom - Buckinghamshire - Denham
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on creating Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering on our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
• Legal review and negotiation of broad range of digital and other complex commercial contracts, technology and platform agreements, SaaS agreements, agency (programmatic and production), marketing, sponsorships, influencer, credit card, analytics, payment solutions, SaaS and other related marketing/commercial agreements.
• Provide/coordinate BRR insight re: web and mobile updates and enhancements and new developments, governance over tag placements and reviews
• Creative review and advice to protect from claims of false & deceptive advertising practices
• Advise regarding appropriate disclosures and consents required under applicable laws, including liaising with the compliance and privacy team regarding implications to privacy statement and/or to obtain risk assessment regarding privacy laws
• Lead IP legal support for EMEAA West region. Negotiation and execution of any co-existence, settlement or other related agreements. Guidance and insight re: watch notices, domain name and infringement enforcement.
• Lead or oversee collection of relevant evidence for IP support
• Work closely with business teams regarding new brands or brand extensions
• Provide and/or liaise with global team and/or compliance team on training and education for IP, Marketing
• Point of EMEAA contact for hotel and owner solutions such as PMS, HMS, payment solutions
• Manage external counsel and stay within budget
We are looking for a qualified Lawyer with a minimum of 6 years PQE experience who with expertise in the areas of commercial contracts, marketing (particularly digital marketing), data privacy and intellectual property
In addition, you will have experience in negotiating complex commercial contracts, strong analytical, research and presentation skills
You will be able to ddemonstrate ability in Intellectual Property, understanding of consumer protection and privacy laws and regulations. Finally, you will have excellent communication skills and have ability to work collaboratively, to think strategically and globally and the ability to manage expectations, juggle workload and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
What we offer
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 – 35 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job