IHG Procurement Specialist Operations in Denham, United Kingdom
Procurement Specialist Operations - Procurement Sourcing & Ops Team
Based at Corporate Head Quarters (UB9 5HR)
Do you want to be a Procurement Specialist within Operations? Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced, global environment? Have you had experience in handing difficult queries?
If the answers are yes, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our Procurement Sourcing & Ops Team based in Denham. Reporting into the Procurement Operations Manager, Procurement and Cost Efficiency you will manage support services for the function, including helpdesk and the contract database.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering employees the ‘Room to be involved’.
• Maintain IHG Contact Database through the accurate entry and upkeep of relevant data
• Desktop publishing
• Resolve issues relating to calls / emails or escalate queries to correct resolver group(s) as necessary
• Cross service clients and/or suppliers between helpdesk activities as required
• Create and manage surveys using a variety of software tools as applicable to the task
• Use insight to analyse results and provide summaries of survey responses
• Create and update professional documents across a number of software platforms in accordance with IHG brand guidelines and strong design principles.
• Advise internal client of output and confirm their satisfaction and / or establish where further work is required
• Ensure adequate filing of output per departmental and client standards, processes and guidelines
• Perform Quality Checks on own work and for team members where requested.
• Answer telephone calls in line with SLAs and reply to email queries in line with SLAs
• Record call/email activity in IHG ticketing system
• Update ticketing system as appropriate
• Provide suggestions and input as to how services could be improved or delivered more effectively
• College or 6th Form education
What we’re looking for:
You will have experience of handling queries and solving issues. you will be an exceptional communicator, highlighting a friendly attitude, exposing a customer centric attitude. You will have the ability to manage stakeholder groups and clearly explain things to user and the empathise with them when required.
You will have experience of working in teams and driving forward team performance to meet deadlines, demonstrating your organised demeanour.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude to fluctuating workload and the ability to work confidently at all levels throughout a business.
Benefits at IHG:
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us. You’ll receive a competitive salary, hotel discounts worldwide and have chance to work with a great set of people.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
But above all, we understand the importance to give you Room to be Yourself
So, what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Job: Procurement & Supply Chain
Requisition ID: R70111526_