IHG Legal Assistant in Denham, United Kingdom
Legal Assistant (6-month fixed term contract)
Based in Denham, Buckinghamshire Corporate Head Office (UB9 5HR)
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Corporate Legal & Secretariat Team for a six-month period.
In this role, you will work closely with the Assistant Company Secretary in the delivery of the InterContinental Hotels Group PLC Annual Report. You will provide a range of professional, editorial, paralegal and company secretariat support services.
The role is wide-ranging and will require involvement with a variety of different areas including:
• Preparation of Company publications, announcements and circulars.
• Proofreading and copy-editing duties, including fact checking, correcting spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, working to a house style checklist and glossary to ensure consistency.
• Preparation of Board and Committee documents, liaison with Board Executive.
• Assistance with the review and maintenance of corporate and Company Secretariat data for IHG website and Intranet.
• Assistance with the development and maintenance of Company Secretariat management tools e.g. project schedules.
• Administrative support and assistance, including with budget tracking, invoice processing and document management.
We’re looking for someone with a strong academic background, a graduate or equivalent. You will have real eye for detail and ideally had experience with proof reading/copy – editing.
First class English skills are a must along with excellent numeracy skills. This role will suit someone who has exceptional administration and organizational skills and who really enjoys getting into the detail.
You will have rigorous attention to detail and have a real interest in working within Legal Services / Communications.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Crowne Plaza®. Our purpose is to create Great Hotels Guests Love® through providing True Hospitality for everyone.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
IHG has been certified as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employers Institute. Our global corporate head office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approximately 25 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
IHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Company Secretariat
Requisition ID: R149547