IHG Head EMEAA Corporate, Internal and Owner Communications in Denham, United Kingdom
Head of EMEAA Corporate, Internal and Owner Communications
Based in Denham, Buckinghamshire Corporate Head Office (UB9 5HR)
We’re looking for a senior communications professional to take on the role of Head of Corporate, Internal and Owner Communications for IHG’s Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia (EMEAA) region.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing communications strategy and execution across the EMEAA region in the areas of corporate media relations, internal communications and owner communications, with key accountability for our Europe region. You will work closely with the VP, Corporate Affairs, EMEAA as well as the leaders of our respective business unit communications teams in Dubai, Singapore and Australia.
You will be responsible for leadership of a team of seven based in the UK and Germany and will work in partnership with senior business stakeholders to enable the Europe and EMEAA growth agenda and strategic priorities
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on delivering on our purpose of True Hospitality for everyone.
• Responsible for defining and implementing the corporate communications plan for the EMEAA region to promote and defend IHG’s reputation as well as enabling business growth.
• To lead the development and execution of internal, external and owner communications plans across the EMEAA region in support of business priorities (not including brand PR but with a focus on corporate/financial media relations) with a particular focus on Europe
• To engage key audiences in our corporate narrative – colleagues (corporate and hotel), media and owners.
• Lead the creation EMEAA messaging and communications materials as well as creating new opportunities to generate interest in and affinity for IHG
• Develop the overall strategic platform for internal communications across EMEAA, leading the development of creative content and engaging channels.
• Lead internal communication activation in partnership with local business unit teams, including town halls, office environment, Merlin (intranet), cascades and Leaders meetings.
• Build strong relationships with the EMEAA Regional Leadership Team (RLT) and other senior stakeholders across the region
• To establish strong media relations with relevant media outlets
• Crisis and issues management including liaison with media, hotels and other stakeholders
• Corporate Media Relations Agency Management in key markets
• To work in close partnership with other GCA communications teams
• Team management and development and budget oversight
Our ideal candidate will have 10 years progressive work experience in communications with broad experience across a range of communications disciplines (in-house or agency) including experience in financial/corporate media relations.
You will have a strong track record in building and leading highly-effective globally dispersed teams to achieve challenging agendas. In addition, you will bring strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to advise and influence senior leaders and decision makers.
With a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field you will bring your current knowledge, insight and innovation using external and industry best practice. Finally, you will be able to think strategically and deliver initiatives successfully.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 – 35 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If you’re looking for your next challenging opportunity and want to join a global, fast paced environment make your application today!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job.
IHG are an equal opportunities Employer.
Requisition ID: R7018610_