IHG Governance Manager in Denham, United Kingdom
Governance Manager - Procurement and Cost Efficiency (PaCE)
Based at Corporate Head Quarters (UB9 5HR)
We are looking for a Governance Manager to lead and manage all governance and controls matters in PaCE and establish and implement improvement initiatives across the function and into the wider business. You will have a significant remit to develop & embed governance and compliance across procurement processes, both within PaCE and wider IHG.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering employees the ‘Room to be involved’.
• Establish and embed robust governance for all activities across PaCE as well as for procurement in the wider business – from the sourcing process to ordering, to invoice approval. You will work very closely with our Financial Governance function.
• Drive maximum compliance, strengthened controls and improved governance across all procurement related processes
• Develop and own relevant policies for governance and controls and establish robust mechanisms to track and embed compliance – such as the global procurement policy, spend category policies, guidelines and input into the Delegation of Authority
• Manage the PaCE relationship with Internal Audit, having visibility of planned audits, supporting the audit team to gather evidence and partner with all functions required to close any actions as a result of PaCE audit findings
• Identify and lead continuous improvement projects across PaCE to enhance functional performance, helping us to work smarter whilst still having robust controls and governance where needed. Build and manage the PaCE continuous improvement plan
• Drive continuous improvement out to the wider business where opportunities arise, with a focus on making things simpler for the business whilst driving compliance at the same time
• Lead improvement initiatives by enlisting and influencing cross-functional teams who are outside your reporting line structure
• Coach and/or train all stakeholder groups on process excellence and governance matters
• Establish and lead knowledge management across all processes and governance related documents, being the go-to person for process and policy questions. You will partner with other PaCE functions to keen policies and procedures up to date and to best in class standards where appropriate
• Act as a centre of excellence for all process excellence and governance across PaCE
• Stay abreast of function / industry leading practice development
• You will work closely with the Responsible Procurement Director on all process, policy, governance and controls matters, including supply chain risk and legislative matters
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone with solid and proven experience in establishing and owning governance and controls frameworks across procurement processes. You will have a proven track record of implementing compliance programs and demonstrated experience of policy development and enforcement. You will have led continuous improvement programmes in a corporate environment and can navigate, influence and manage change in a matrix organisation. You will have strong project management capability and be comfortable and knowledgeable in PRINCE2 and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
Benefits at IHG:
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us. You’ll receive a competitive salary, hotel discounts worldwide and have chance to work with a great set of people.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
But above all, we understand the importance to give you Room to be Yourself
So, what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Job: Procurement & Supply Chain
Requisition ID: R70141625_