IHG Director Global Corporate Responsibility (IHG PLC and Global Functions) in Denham, United Kingdom
Director Global Corporate Responsibility (IHG PLC and Global Functions)
Based IHG Global Headquarters in Denham, Buckinghamshire (UB9 5HR)
A new opportunity exists for an experienced Director to join the Global Corporate Responsibility Team. Reporting into VP Global Corporate Responsibility, this high-impact and varied role will play a key part in executing IHG’s CR programmes and shaping the future direction for CR at IHG.
In this role, you will help to develop the next wave of CR strategies with clear financial and commercial business cases linking to IHG’s global strategy.
This Director will work proactively, with drive and enthusiasm. They will demonstrate the maturity to manage relationships with senior-level stakeholders and provide insight, advice and thought leadership across all levels of the business.
We are one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 375,000 people working across the IHG family in nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on creating Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering on our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
• Work with VP Global Corporate Responsibility to provide 360-degree support across all aspects of the CR Agenda to IHG PLC and Global Functions. Lead on interactions with Global Functions leadership teams (including Global Finance, Investor Relations, Procurement and HR)
• Work with VP Global Corporate Responsibility to prepare progress updates on IHG’s CR strategy and execution for the IHG Executive Committee, and other senior leadership teams across a range of functions.
• Work with VP Global Corporate Responsibility to evolve CR platforms and develop new programmes with a clear commercial and business case linked to IHG’s strategy
• Develop and evolve global strategy, budgets and forecasts for community giving at IHG
• Play a leadership role in IHG’s community impact strategy, managing strategic partnerships with charities to make a positive difference to communities around IHG’s hotels around the world
• Oversee reporting against IHG External Responsible Business Targets and proof points of ongoing commitment.
We are looking for a versatile expert in CR and sustainable development, with at least 7 years’ progressive work experience in a global corporate organisation.
You will have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
You will have a track record strategic thinking and the ability to craft high impact materials for senior audiences. We are looking for candidates with a proven ability to build relationships, influence and advise senior leadership in a global matrix organisation. You will have experience of innovating new programmes to address business and societal issues including full business case, roll out plan, metrics, tracking and engagement plans along with experience of the delivery of targets and metrics in Responsible Business.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which includes hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 – 35 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If you’re looking for your next challenging opportunity and want to join a global, fast paced environment make your application today!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job.
IHG are an equal opportunities Employer.
Job: Corporate Social Responsibility
Requisition ID: R7014820_