IHG Company Secretarial Assistant in Denham, United Kingdom
Company Secretarial Assistant
(6-month fixed term contract, with potential to extend to 12 months)
Based in Denham, Buckinghamshire Corporate Head Office (UB9 5HR)
We are looking for a Company Secretarial Assistant to join our Corporate Legal & Secretariat Team for at least six-month period.
In this role, you will support the SVP, Deputy Company Secretary and Head of Corporate Legal and the Assistant Company Secretary in providing an excellent professional Company Secretarial service for the Group.
The role is wide-ranging and will require involvement with a variety of different areas.
The wide range of duties and responsibilities which may be faced include:
• Support and assist European subsidiary company governance and compliance
• Support and assist UK subsidiary company governance, involving preparation of Board minutes and arrangement of meetings
• Develop and maintain Group Corporate Structure Chart, covering c.400 companies
• Responsibility for preparation and verification of sections and data for PLC Annual Report and Form 20-F and ancillaries, including maintenance of audit records etc.
• Preparation and review of subsidiary statutory accounts, and any actions arising therefrom
• Preparation with the Assistant Company Secretary and assistance for and at all PLC AGM and General Meetings
• Shareholder correspondence and liaison
• Development, maintenance and updating of Group-wide online corporate database (Blueprint) and oversight of Blueprint training
• Ad hoc tasks and projects
• We’re looking for someone who is part or fully qualified/committed Company Secretarial professional with at least two years Company Secretarial experience or equivalent
• Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of Blueprint (or equivalent) professional database, be familiar with Company law, UKLA, FCA and LSE rules
• And had exposure to share scheme and share registration processes
You will be a great team player, can work independently and be self-sufficient on most tasks and able to prioritise effectively. With excellent communication skills, you will have a proactive approach, flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Crowne Plaza®. Our purpose is to create Great Hotels Guests Love® through providing True Hospitality for everyone.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
IHG has been certified as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employers Institute. Our global corporate head office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approximately 25 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
IHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Company Secretariat
Requisition ID: R147170