IHG Stewards- Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini in Delhi, India
At IHG, everyone has room to be themselves. So what's your passion? Whether you're into Cooking, Dancing or Cricket, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do to their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini is an upscale hotel located in North West Delhi with 183 well appointed rooms and exquisite Food & Beverage services. It is about 15 kms from the airport and about 8 kms from the city centre. The hotel also offers the largest banqueting space in Delhi- NCR. Food & Beverage services include an All Day Dining restaurant, Indian restaurant, and Bar. There is also a wine cellar next to the Bar, which will be equipped with famous wines from all across the globe. The hotel has the city's largest banquet facilities at two levels of approximately 50,000 sq. feet that can cater to large corporate and social functions.
We've got an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Steward. You'll manage the day to day operations of the hotel to maximize profitability and to ensure superior service and product quality are maintained. This job is second in command serving primarily as General Manager in the absence of the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - (Key Activities of the role)
· Deliver Food and Beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental standards and procedures
· Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information
· Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
· Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
· Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
· Prepares for service by ensuring:
o Grooming is impeccable and in accordance with ICHG personal presentation standards
o Outlet equipment is clean
o Equipment is sorted and stored
o Glassware is polished
o Flatware is polished
o China is clean
o Waiter stations are prepared
o Cutlery is placed for buffet and table service
o Tables are set
o Reservations are read and familiarized
o Special occasions are ready
o Music is on
o Lighting is on
o Outlet is ready for service and guest comfort
· Carries out effective service by ensuring:
o Guests are greeted and seated
o Daily specials are explained and upsold
o Food orders are processed accurately
o Trays and tray jacks are effectively used
o Food orders are taken quickly
o Payment methods are handled accurately
o Working areas are cleaned and re-set quickly
o Bar is clean
o Used ashtrays are regularly cleaned
o Guests are conversed with in relation to the food and beverage products
· Carries out effective beverage service by ensuring:
o Beverages are upsold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations
o Converse with Guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine
o Promoting and selling cocktails to guests
o Making and presenting cocktails
o Coffee and tea is served hot and in accordance with standard
· Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
· Food and beverage stock is stored in relation to hotel procedures
· Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following things we're looking for:
Required Skills -
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
· Able to read and write English
· High School.
· Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations preferred.
And in return, we'll give you a competitive compensation and benefits package and a chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we will give you a Room to be yourself!
So what's your passion? Tell us more about yourself by clicking "Apply Online" now!
Job: Conference & Banqueting Services
Requisition ID: DEL002038