IHG Fixed Term (Maternity Cover) Reservations Agent in Cardiff, United Kingdom
Fixed Term (Maternity Cover) Reservations Agent
Job Number EMEAA02125
Europe, Middle East, Asia & Africa - United Kingdom - Wales - Cardiff
If you’re looking to join a globally acclaimed and award winning team, then look no further than the luxury 5-star St David’s Hotel.
Located on the stunning Waterfront of Cardiff Bay this prominent and iconic 142 bedroomed hotel has an extensive array of opportunities. The Marine Spa which has been voted one of the top 15 in the UK and our new Restaurant & Bar, The Admiral St David, draws inspiration from the eclectic food culture and bold flavours of Australasia and Asia-Pacific, while looking closer to home for the best of seasonal Welsh produce. There’s never been a better time to join!
Your day to day
As our Reservations Agent, you will contribute to the growth of the rooms and accommodation business, maximising occupancy and revenue, through proactive selling and effectively converting enquiries into sales.
Ensuring all guests and potential guests receive a polite, professional and efficient service will be one of your main responsibilities, and you’ll work with the rest of the hotel team to ensure that all contact with customers and guests transpires to become a reflection of the hotel’s consistent delivery of the highest quality standards of product and service.
What we need from you
A background in hospitality alongside experience in both group reservations as well as individual reservations is essential. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who can adapt to changing priorities easily. Knowledge and experience of Opera would also be an advantage.
What we offer
• A competitive salary
• 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
• Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
• Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
• Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
• Long service awards which increase with length of service
• Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
• Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
• Free meals on duty