IHG Employment Tax Manager in Burton On Trent, United Kingdom
Employment Tax Manager – Permanent role
Based at our Centre of Excellence in Branston (Burton-Upon-Trent)
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on creating Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering on our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
Working closely with the Director of Global Internal mobility and the Global Tax and HRSS team you will be responsible for managing the Company’s employment taxes, social security and SAO compliance. Your remit will cover our valued employees in the UK and support for our rest of Europe community too.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the improvement of controls, testing procedures, policy updates, processes etc. and to implement these changes. You may also get involved in assisting with any employment tax or social security implications for any acquisitions or new openings within Europe.
• Support the company by providing specialist technical advice on employment tax and social security issues
• Apply judgement and technical skills to provide tax advice and guidance on employment tax matters for the UK and Europe
• Ensure correct tax, social security and reporting treatments are applied toCash payments
o Benefits in kind
o Share awards
o Gifts/other awards
o Contractor arrangements
o Ensure company adherence to SAO requirements
• Review and enhance policies, processes across Europe ensuring compliance is maintained and data treated accordingly.
• Work closely with our HRSS, providing technical advice as required
• Accountability for ensuring all related changes with respect to Employee taxation, across Europe, are embedded into IHG process.
Qualifications and experience:
• A recognised professional financial qualification, e.g. CTA, AIIT, CA, ACA would be highly advantageous.
• It is unlikely that you will have less than 4-5 years' work-related experience of employment taxes and social security.
• Detailed knowledge of the relevant tax legislation and guidance applying to UK employee related taxation. Experience with Europe employment tax and social security would also be helpful.
• Effective collaboration and building effective relationships with internal and external parties.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
Location: GBR-Burton On Trent
Requisition ID: R149812