IHG Analyst, Indirect Tax in Burton on Tent, United Kingdom
Analyst, Indirect Tax
Job Number R150086
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
EMEAA - United Kingdom - Staffordshire - Burton on Tent
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on creating Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering on our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
• Work with wider Group tax team to ensure the company is adhering to SAO requirements for indirect tax
• Review selected VAT returns and related reporting
• Be a central contact for any indirect tax compliance issues arising within the UK and the rest of Europe.
• Contribute to testing compliance with SOX controls and documentation
• Assist with indirect tax implications for acquisitions or new entity set up within Europe.
• Contribute to VAT training materials.
• Keep up to date on any indirect tax changes within Europe and assist with communication and changes that need to take place.
• Gather information in response to VAT audits and enquiries.
• Provide occasional support on customs duty
• Liaise with IHG’s Business Services Centre in India, as well as assigned UK hotel finance teams
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a minimum of two years’ work experience in preparing and reviewing VAT returns. Similarly, you will have experience working within a multinational company.
You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The Analyst, Indirect Tax will have strong communication and team working skills, with strong impersonal skills that influence stakeholders throughout the organisation. Such as making recommendations concerning indirect tax compliance issues and processes. However, you will also be able to work independently and pro-actively, including Independently researches tax issues and recommends best practical resolution whilst maintaining tax compliance.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience working for one of the big four accountancy firms, however this is not essential. Similarly, a ATT qualification would be advantageous but support to obtain a professional qualification will be given to the successful candidate if required.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job