IHG Italian Chef at Phoenicia InterContinental Hotel Beirut in Beirut, Lebanon
Under the general guidance and the supervision of the IHC Exec. Chef and
within the limits of established IHC Policies and Procedures and Kitchen
Manual, oversees and directs the Italian kitchen operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and participates in the preparation in
all aspects of food preparation in the particular area he is charge. As well
as oversees all intricacies for other kitchen sub-sections to which are
delegated into his department.
- Checks function sheets and daily menu items of the
kitchen and sub-section to determine the variety and quantity of the food to
- Supervises and participates in any buffets, special
functions and set up which are related to his area.
- See that all food prepared is due so in a
wholesome, clean appetizing and attractive manner.
- Checks function sheets and daily menu items to
determine the kind and quantity of meat, seafood, vegetables and dry stores
to order from stores and production kitchens.
- Sees that all refrigerators, reach -ins and
freezers are cleaned and in order at all times.
- Plans and supervises the par stocks and inventory
of his stores and freezers.
- Check portion sizes of meat, fish, poultry, etc.
received from butcher.
- Checks and receives the food received from stores
and production kitchens.
- Ensures the proper handling, cleanliness, and
maintenance of working areas, equipment’s and cold rooms in his area.
- Enforces rules that no one is to use any equipment
if not qualified. also that only trained stewards clean mechanical equipment
- Ensures hotel list and kitchen policies and
procedures are followed at all times.
- Participate in the training and motivation of
personnel under his direction.
- Prepares the schedule of his section and submits
to the Exec.Chef for his approval.
- Dispenses food only with proper guest check,
transfer, or Inter kitchen requisition, announce orders to concerned staff.
- Complies with the hotel’s safety, health, hygiene
and sanitation standards.
- Checks and reviews closing and cleaning list
prepared by the Chef De Partie to ensure its effectiveness.
- Adopts 3F motto:”Food, Flexibility and
Adopts CCF motto: “Customer Comes First”.
Performs duties common to all supervisors and
other duties as may be assigned.
- Conduct effective Training based on :
a) Outlet Training needs.
b) Enhance knowledge to improve skills for future
Provides functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation as
Kitchen of Italian Restaurant - back of house operations
Coordinates functions and activities with other department heads as
Interacts with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to
clients, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community
Requisition ID: BEI0010239