IHG Guest Service Associate - Food & Beverage in Bangalore, India
Guest Service Associate - Food & Beverage
Job Number EMEAA01207
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
EMEAA - India - Karnataka - Bangalore
At Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bengaluru Racecourse we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
• Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
• Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
• Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
• Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Guest Service Agents (GSA)s are the key point of contact for our guests. They are reliable, highly motivated and multi skilled employees who efficiently make reservations, answer calls/inquiries, provide reception services and food & beverage services throughout the hotel.
They work in close coordination with all employees and outsourced staff in the hotel and are dependable in meeting the needs of our guests throughout their stay.
Your day to day
Duties and responsibilities
• To assist the Guest Service Leader (GSL) in the hotel's revenue growth by leveraging on the company's systems, procedures and business processes.
• Handling Guest check out and billing in an efficient, friendly and hassle free manner.
• Promote the Holiday Inn Express ‘one team approach’ and reliable service through daily communication and coordination with all team members.
• Participate in programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the ‘Holiday Inn Every Interaction Counts’ brand service behaviours.
• Ensure own productivity and that of the team on a day-to-day basis by planning and assigning work and establishing performance and development goals as set by the GSL.
• Contribute by participation in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety
• Check Guests In – Efficiently Greet, register and confirm guest particulars and payment details upon check in issue keys.
• Check Guests Out - Print and confirm details of payment and bill for guests upon
• Answer any guests' enquires practically and simply in adherence to brand standards.
• Handle guests' complaints appropriately adhering to brand standards or direct them to
• Handle cashiering, payment and foreign currency exchange accurately.
• Reliably handle all special needs and requests of guests and repeat visitors.
• Demonstrate BrandHearted behaviours by maintaining compliance with all brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
• Retrieve and print Arrival/Departure Report, Backup Report, and Trace Report from
Opera PMS for daily room allocation.
• Accurately Enter/Update Reservations
• Handle Telephone Enquires efficiently and effectively
• Perform in a self-sufficient way in line with business requirements
• Great Room- Process Guest Food and Beverage Order, Clear Tables (The Great Room)
• Refresh Food and Beverage in The Great Room
• Meeting room- Set up Meeting Room, Make Tea and Coffee, Clean Meeting Room
• Clean and Organize Guest Areas and Pick up debris throughout Public Areas
• Updating constantly on local knowledge to improve the guest experience.
• Responsible for Priority Club Rewards (PCR) Enrollment & Recognition
• Finance/Admin (Petty Cash Processing, Purchasing, Billing)
• Demonstrate awareness of Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities (OH&S) policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
• Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
• Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
• Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
• Support the hotel’s corporate responsibility initiatives in the areas of community involvement, environment management, workplace health & safety and food safety, drive action plans as required to achieve hotel corporate responsibility objectives.
• Perform Energy Conservation Checklists
Perform other duties as assigned by the GSL, GSM, Operations Manager or General Manager. Act as a GSL, in their absence.
What we need from you
Qualifications and requirements
Minimum high school/secondary education/college degree preferred. Positive attitude, pleasant personality, good communication skills, hotel operations and/or service experience preferred, basic computer literacy. Must be conversant in English.