IHG Agent Front Desk (190217) in Augusta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Front DeskAgent ?
What's your passion? Whether you're
into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in
YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to
their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of
everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our
friendly and professional team.
This role has the overall
responsibility to check in and check out our guests in a timely and
professional manner, process all payments according to establish procedures,
and assist with the front desk function.
IHG Army Hotels is looking for a Front
Desk Agent at our Fort Gordon, GA location. At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is
to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel,
families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably
priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name
hotels previously only offered off post.
Key job duties and responsibilities for
the Front Desk Agent include:
· Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
· Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services
and room location.
· Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
·Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance
with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges,
completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing
· Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
·Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that
may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
· Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in
to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that
are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process
cancellations, revisions, and information updates on
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and
· Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge
services, special guest requests,
Requirements include a High School diploma or equivalent,
plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Experience with Opera PMS
preferred but not required. Some college
preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to
perform the following:
· Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling objects, products and computer equipment
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when
interacting with guests and employees.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
· Basic math skills are used frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often
· Required to work the overnight shift
· May be required to work other shifts, weekends, and/or holidays.
This position also requires you to be
authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III
background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
In return we'll give you a competitive
financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide
variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of
people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in
touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer:
Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R144432