IHG Vice President, IT Security in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the IT Security team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who is responsible for the overall strategic direction of IHG’s IT Security including engineering, detection, triage, analysis, containment, recovery and reporting as well as developing future-state security strategies and roadmaps.
• Establish the vision, mission, and overall global strategy for all IT Security to align with the overall goals of IHG across multiple business functions. This includes consistent standards for IT Security and support of Cloud Security, Authentication and Security Engineering and Security Operation Center (i.e. intrusion detection systems, cyber security, firewalls, vulnerability assessment systems, penetration testing, secure email system, access control & identity management systems, network security, etc.).
• Provide thought-leadership on the use of security technology innovation to meet and exceed business goals. Drive innovation with internal and external partners.
• Lead IT Security business planning, as well as, direct and oversees the methodology, tools, development standards, design, testing, release, and maintenance of the Security solutions .
• Drive innovation and automation across the end to end data center environment.
• Must have a deep grasp on industry best practices to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support new processes, tools and solutions to continuously improve security of all IHG systems and data.
• Ensures the availability, performance, resiliency, scalability and security of complex technical environments.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders, vendors, industry consultants, and senior leaders to define and establish agreed upon service levels. Monitor technology service levels and insure business partners needs and expectations are met. Improve service levels where appropriate
• Integrate activities with business units and other departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of Security Operations project efforts.
• Plan, organize, and own subordinate functions within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned functions. Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets
• Lead and develop teams of highly experienced, motivated and talented professionals in driving and executing Security Operations project and programs.
• Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or security operational problems.
• Ability to run and drive large-scale, cross-functional programs, global in reach.
• Own vendor and supplier relationship including, negotiations and management, to ensure service, quality and cost efficiency.
• Delivery of IHG Security Operations initiatives
• Strategic decisions related to Security Operations including Cloud Security, Authentication and Security Engineering (i.e. intrusion detection systems, cyber security, firewalls, vulnerability assessment systems, penetration testing, secure email system, access control & identity management systems, network security, etc.).
• Will lead key initiatives with senior level stakeholders and regularly impacts and influences multiple critical Security readiness business priorities
• Allocation of technology resources across all Security Operations Teams and the broader organization
• Evolution of the Security Operations technology roadmap to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization
• Final Go / No Go decisions for all Security Operations initiatives
• Overall Global Technology strategy
• Go / No Go decisions of all Global Technology initiatives
• Budget and financial health of the Global Technology function
• Strategic technology governance, policies, and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) with progressive work experience in Information Security, Computer Science/MIS/IT, Business Administration or Engineering or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
Critical Expertise & Experience:
• 12 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies or processes related to the position, as well as, 7 years of demonstrated experience establishing organizational structure and allocation of duties through management of subordinate teams.
• Demonstrated proficiency in leading multi-disciplined work teams in Information Security Engineering, IT Operations, Risk Management & Security Risk Management
• Demonstrated knowledge of Protective Security and its implementation
• Demonstrate knowledge of Crisis Management & Business Continuity
• Ability to collect, analyze and assess information to draw meaningful conclusions
• Demonstrated understanding of regional political, economic, crime and security risks
• Demonstrate an understanding of the place of security in the wider business and its central role in Protecting and Championing the Trusted Brand of IHG
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of system integration issues between diverse platforms.
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and discussing technical information, establishing rapport and or influence, consensus building and gaining the understanding of others.
• Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
• Experience in engaging cross functional working partnerships in a global organization
• Strong leadership, team building, analytical and thought leadership skills
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R7029591_