IHG Senior Executive Assistant in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Executive Assistant
Job Number R150710
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
United States - United States - Georgia - Atlanta
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Americas Operations team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger. This position will be based at our Dunwoody, office [Atlanta, GA].
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this Senior Executive Assistant vital role, we’re looking for someone who under general direction, performs advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties for members of the executive staff (i.e. executive and senior vice presidents). Requires broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Work requires independent judgment and initiative on assignments that are sensitive in nature and demonstrate ability to deal with high-level contacts inside and outside a company. May perform special assignments such as compiling reports, researching information and summarizing publications. Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc. Initiates routine and some non-routine correspondence and memoranda. Screens telephone calls and visitors, and resolves routine and complex inquiries. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
Your day to day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Organize, prioritize and expedite flow of work through assigned executive(s) office. Initiate follow-up actions, interpret and communicate executive’s instructions to other personnel, and perform high level administrative support duties for the executive as needed.
● Act as gatekeeper for executive to determine importance of telephone calls, personal visitors, and incoming mail. Adjust schedules, meetings and activities based on the executive’s daily priorities and activities which may change frequently. Anticipate potential conflicts in priorities and solve them appropriately.
● May provide answers to immediate issues in the executive’s absence or contact the executive remotely to alert him/her of critical work situations. Provide guidance to individuals in executive’s reporting structure regarding division policies, procedures, practices, etc. in order to resolve problems or determine appropriate course of action. May assist with developing/revising departmental procedures and policies, and may make recommendations for changes to existing procedures as needed.
● Research and compile data from a variety of sources. May analyze and summarize data to provide executive with relevant information and/or recommendations for management decision-making.
● Perform special projects for the executive or functional area, which may include coordinating and organizing various activities with a variety of personnel and assuming responsibility for completion, tracking, daily decisions, and follow-up. Prepare periodic or special reports and/or presentation materials as directed, gathering and summarizing narrative and/or various data and documentation from a variety of sources; use spreadsheets, graphics, etc.; compile and format various presentation materials using various software (i.e., slides, overheads, etc.). Monitor and report on the progress/status of various highly visible or sensitive projects as needed or requested.
● Compose and type a variety of correspondence, executive briefs, etc. requiring judgment and knowledge of functional area; route or respond to correspondence and inquiries not requiring executive’s attention; respond to non-routine communications on executive’s behalf; and draft correspondence for executive’s signature.
● Maintain executive’s appointment calendar; coordinate meeting arrangements (i.e., facilities, contact applicable parties, etc.); make extensive international and domestic travel arrangements; coordinate activities to ensure smooth flow of business operation.
● Organize and maintain relatively complex administrative and departmental records; ensure the development and maintenance of filing systems; and follow up on pending matters. Complete expense reports for review and signature, which require knowledge of current international currency rates. Coordinate proper coding of invoices, may maintain tracking systems to keep executive informed of charges/discrepancies.
● May supervise other secretaries and clerical staff, to include hiring and completion of performance appraisal process.
● May assist with monitoring and reporting variances to departmental and/or project budgets to executive. Investigate budget discrepancies, and bring attention to appropriate management to affect resolution.
● Monitor and report on the progress/status of various highly visible or sensitive projects as needed or requested.
● May assist with developing/revising departmental procedures and policies, and making recommendations for changes to existing procedures as needed.
● Perform other support duties as assigned to facilitate the smooth operation of the assigned functional area.
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
Typically 6-10 years secretarial experience and 5+ years supporting Senior Management or equivalent work-related experience
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
● Demonstrated excellent PC skills including software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, E-mail, etc.).
● Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills for the purpose of conveying information to internal and external customers, or providing information via written reports or correspondence. Must be able to communicate professionally with senior managers and possess strong relationship management and customer service skills.
● Demonstrated thorough knowledge and understanding of the Company’s operational procedures in assigned functional area.
● Demonstrated excellent organizational and time-management skills with ability to prioritize own work.
● Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail. Demonstrated follow-through and ability to complete multiple ongoing projects on time and within specified budget.
● Demonstrated math skills for the purpose of maintaining budgets, reconciling invoices, or checking figures for accuracy.
● Demonstrated problem-solving skills for the purpose of maintaining the daily flow of office work, answering questions, and resolving issues.
● Some college preferred.
Number of employees supervised: Direct 0 Indirect 0
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $0
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights):
● Incumbents at this level must frequently exercise responsible judgment in making independent decisions as a variety of conflicting courses of action may apply to requiring significant latitude to address and resolve problems. Guidance from superiors is often limited due to availability to or physical absence of executives from the office. To be proficient, incumbent must have thorough knowledge of the department’s operation as well as company’s procedures and organizational structure.
● This position independently organizes staff, budget and resources to perform special projects or assignments.
● This position exercises discretion and initiative in performing job duties, according to the Company’s operating policies and procedures. The nature and scope of the executive’s work, daily business contacts, and absence of immediate supervisory guidance requires a high level of discretion for this position.
● Activities require a high degree of tact and integrity due to the great frequency of senior level internal and external contacts and the high degree of exposure to confidential information/data. This position must know which types of confidential information may be shared with which parties.
CONTACTS (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships –
Senior managers, corporate offices, employees in assigned division or department, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Finance, Human Resources, hotel or franchise operations, hotel sales or development: provide/communicate information from executive or assigned functional area, coordinate programs or projects, answer inquiries, and ensure smooth flow of work through office
External Key Relationships –
Franchisees or potential franchisees, vendors, external contractors, GM’s, hotel executives or staff, clients
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.