IHG Senior Consultant Analytics in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Testing and Optimization team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can provide analytics support to the testing program to help improve performance of IHG’s digital web and app products across multiple brands and markets. Great opportunity to join an established optimization team with high visibility in IHG’s rapidly growing digital channel.
Entrepreneurial and creative problem-solvers who strive for continuous improvement will fit in well here. Preference given to digital analysts who demonstrate a strong record of success (3-5 years) in roles with enterprise-level B2C companies, and with online testing experience.
• Synthesize customer insights from web data, VOC & user testing and customer panels research to identify most promising testing opportunities to drive IHG’s business goals
• Participate in testing ideation sessions
• Calculate test duration & minimum detectable lifts with significance based on test targeting criteria
• Advise testing team lead on optimal experiment structure
• Manage test traffic planning to avoid collisions
• Collaborate with web analytics team or consultants on custom analyses for testing
• Liaise with web analytics team on new tagging or custom tracking needs for tests
• Provide test product quality/performance support to testing Product Manager, from test set up accuracy to bug fixes
• Monitor live tests for any data collection irregularities, including bot contamination
• Review session recordings from test participants as needed to uncover insights or troubleshoot defects
• Manage QA process/output
• Size test wins for business impact
• Conduct post-test data analysis to uncover and communicate outcomes, customer insights and business impacts in accessible, non-technical language
• Prepare weekly updates for team lead on live experiments
• Manage program-level metrics & performance (quarterly & annual)
• Maintain testing archive and ensure that IHG business teams can access it
Technical Skills and Knowledge
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint for the purpose of translating technical and statistical information into actionable business insights for clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
● Demonstrated experience with Adobe/Omniture tools to analyze conversion funnels and uncover customer insights/opportunities to improve business performance
● Experience conducting quantitative marketing analyses including some or all of the following: market segmentation, product positioning, perceptual mapping, product pricing, concept testing and market sizing.
● Experience with online testing tools such as Adobe Target (or comparable optimization tools: Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer, Monetate) strongly desired
● Demonstrated knowledge of statistical techniques for promotion design, post promotion analysis and response modeling (e.g. design of experiments, ANOVA, and logit regression).
● Demonstrated familiarity with financial concepts: ROI, NPV, pro forma modeling.
● Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation.
● Detail oriented and deadline driven
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights)
● Identify and implement appropriate analytic methods to derive relevant insights and support management initiatives.
● This position is responsible for the development of statistical quantitative measurements and methodology based on operational and program structure issues for various programs.
● This position impacts recommendations to management based on results from statistical analysis.
● Decisions or recommendations, or failure to complete projects could result in delays with considerable expenditure of time, human resources or funds.
Contacts (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
Marketing Senior Management/GBS Management in order to provide effective communication and consultation with analytical techniques with the objective to improve decision making and achieve respective business objectives. Product teams and Analysts in other departments to align with reporting methodologies, metrics definitions, and best practices.
External Key Relationships
Consultants who support the testing and optimization program and various professional organizations to keep current in the discipline.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R70265826_