IHG Product Manager - Hotel Content in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as the Product Manager - Hotel Content for the Global Sales & Marketing team?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Product Manager will manage the end to end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch, leveraging specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way. One stop shop or hub for driving all strategy, new development, and performance enhancements for specific set of products.
You will coordinate among tactical analysts, developers, and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions for Distribution Marketing’s customers/stakeholders and the CRS across multiple channels. They define product needs via a “roadmap” of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
· Lead development and implementation of product strategy: future state based on deep understanding of how the business works, incorporating customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities as well as the
potential “game changing” new functionality and capabilities IHG will require to compete. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
· Measure product performance and lead performance improvement
initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities once implemented.
· Drive new product development – through the writing of sound business requirements based on capabilities which will define the functionality in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products.
· Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
· Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
Education – Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hotel Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics/ Operations Research, Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced.
Experience – 8 plus years’ progressive work-related experience, with preferred direct hands on hotel experience including 3 years’ experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel (hospitality) industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
· Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding in a specific area of expertise including products.
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
· Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
· Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
· Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
· Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
· Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle (reservations – stay – ongoing relationship management).
· Demonstrated knowledge of travel distribution channels (web, CRO, gds, or tpi) and reservations sales “building blocks”.
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required.
· Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation.
· Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
· Graduate coursework or degree a plus.
Other Information - Travel required as needed to support business objectives (10%).
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R148657