IHG Manager, Rates & Inventory Strategy in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Revenue Management team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can lead in the development of an offer design strategy, rate offers for room and non-room inventory. Conduct research to ensure competitive advantage, leveraging multiple industry models. Manage the development of pricing strategies, testing, and implementation (to include structures, tools, and best practices). Create effective selling strategies to maximize pricing placement in all channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Determine the offers presented to our guests. Ensure evolution of these offers to support revenue generation and the needs of the business.
● Develop the retail pricing structure/framework (including all products such as packages, discounts, etc.) that is suitable for all brands and regions.
● Propose ongoing changes, and coordinate testing with Revenue Operations to ensure maximum revenue delivery.
● Analyze and lead efforts around the creation of price point determination processes, including rate compression, discount percentages, value add amounts, etc.
● Working with the channels, determine optimal methods for rate quoting to guests, including rate changes, multiple rates, total stay quoting, commissions and taxes, etc.
● Ensure success of implemented strategies and evaluate opportunities to modify strategy based upon results.
● Develop and implement pricing practices are consistent and logical for our customers.
● Research pricing best practices across multiple industries. Investigate cutting-edge strategies that can be adapted to IHG in order to maximize revenues.
● Monitor and analyze the competitive hotel market to proactively identify issues affecting the overall effectiveness of pricing.
● Create selling strategies to ensure effective pricing practices and programs across all channels.
● Partner with RM Analytics team on data gathering, research, and analysis of business trends to determine impact on business mix.
● Participate in benefits measurement efforts.
● Partner with Revenue Systems to determine technical needs. Strategize on functionality enhancements that will promote effective pricing strategies.
● Collaborate with RM Training and Implementation on the training programs and policies necessary to effectively communicate pricing strategies for major initiatives to the regions.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Science or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
8 years progressive work-related experience in the travel industry or similar environment, with demonstrated proficiency in pricing and revenue management.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
● Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to senior management, clients, vendors, and staff.
● Demonstrated knowledge of hotel operations and the hotel industry, and demonstrated ability to access relevant information and understand the competitive market.
● Strong knowledge of revenue management, including how rate and inventory is controlled and managed at the hotel level.
● Demonstrated knowledge of channel delivery technology, including core revenue systems, IHG proprietary web sites, third party web sites, and GDS.
● Strong knowledge of Pricing practices, techniques, and strategies, including development and implementation.
● Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint).
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $3 million departmental project budget
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights)
● Significant impact on rate and inventory structures across all brands and regions.
● Significant impact on selling strategies and product placement on all channels.
● Significant impact on requirements for core revenue systems.
● Significant impact on obtaining regional acceptance of global initiatives. Obtain buy-in on strategies, structures, and polices from regional committees and departments worldwide, from Legal Department, and from brands/regions.
Contacts (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
Global Distribution Marketing: coordinating pricing practices for all channels, product management, and regional department heads
Global Brand Services: coordinate on pricing strategies with Global Sales, Frequency Marketing, etc.
Pricing Departments: ensure synergies between Revenue Management Analytics and Modeling
Global Revenue Management – ensure correct plans for core revenue systems and training/implementation
Brand Managers: coordinate brand pricing strategies/implementation with all brands and all regions.
Hotel Performance Support/Regional Revenue Management: coordinate pricing activities with teams responsible for hotel touch points.
Corporate Legal Department: contract law, legality of standards, issues on licensing agreements, review of official correspondence to hotels, etc.
External Key Relationships
IAHI, Franchise Owners, Management Group Leaders, General Managers, distribution partners, vendors, external market research companies, key competitors.
● Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment (hotel meeting room, regional office, home office or similar)
● Ability to travel approximately 15% of time required.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R70222614_