IHG Manager, Merchant Services Business Support – Compliance, Training and Business Development in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Finance team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can manage credit card and check acceptance programs for owned and managed hotels. In particular, help to minimize chargebacks, credits without debits and fraudulent activity and establish best practice procedures to maximize cash flows and minimize costs of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and report risk exposure for guest payment (credit cards and check acceptance) activity on all Owned & Managed hotels to help minimize credit card chargebacks, credit without debits, and fraudulent activity, identifying key trends and risks for the operations and finance teams.
• Manage credit card and check performance to identify and implement cost reduction strategies to reduce acceptance fees, interchange fees, processing fees and fraudulent activity.
• Manage the merchant number acceptance process relating to credit card acceptance and check guarantee in order to control merchant number issuance.
• Manage and establish processes to manage cash flow payments and payment schedules from credit card associations and credit card processors to maximize cash flow and minimize effective rates and cash flow risk.
• Manage, define, formulate and analyze hotel performance related to credit card acceptance to minimize costs and risk.
• Concluding each project, recommend to management appropriate action to address issues raised. Facilitate control improvements by the use of factually correct reports, clearly stated points, industry best practices, appropriate and practical recommendations, and quantification of the benefits of recommendations.
• Will be the day to day contact for all vendors and hotels associated with credit card and check guarantee operations and for all Owned and Managed hotels.
• Monitor developments in industry best practices identify changes in regulations, laws, trends and technology affecting credit card and check acceptance and inform the business of any such changes and advice on actions required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
•Experienced business leader with at least 5 years of payment acceptance, finance, strategy and/or management experience
•Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, driving change, challenging and communicating with senior leadership in a complex matrix organization
•Experience in Payment Association rules, regulations and compliance
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business, finance or related field required. Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in business, finance or related field preferred.
•Financial/Data/Modeling/Analytical/Visualization Tools (Advanced MSExcel, Tableau, Teradata, SQL)
•Ability to sustain high impact,
•Ability to interpret and explain
complex Payment rules and regulations requirements to the business
•Ability to understand full payment
acceptance process and IHG eco systems
•Ability to facilitate innovative
approaches based on external thinking
•Ability to challenge the status
quo, and have courage to ‘do the right thing’
•Strong technical skills
•Strong operations skills
•Strong problems solving skills
•Strong strategic thinking and
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Finance & Business Support Management
Requisition ID: R70218526_