IHG Manager Growth in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Strategy team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can deliver insightful and company-leading analyses of IHG, markets, and competitors required to evolve and drive execution of IHG’s in support of regional growth initiatives such as Mexico growth and Kimpton franchise.
• Proactively identify and instigate new growth opportunities, deliver effective processes, structure ways of working across the organization to deliver growth
• Own individual work streams of larger growth initiatives, and manage on a day-to-day basis
• Lead meetings with IHG leadership (i.e., VPs, SVPs and above)
• Assist Director of Growth with tracking of performance metrics to deliver base plan and key growth initiatives
• Analyze operating, forecast, and market information for issues of concern regarding trends, competitive position, performance against strategic or tactical expectations, impact of changes in business environment, etc.
• Develop materials and presentations for meetings with senior leadership, board, or Owners, including crafting narratives in Word or PowerPoint with limited oversight or revisions
Critical Expertise, Experience and Educational Attainment Required
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Strategy, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. MBA desirable.
Critical Expertise & Experience
• 6-8 years in progressive work experience in strategy, consultancy, or finance, or 2-4 years corporate level experience with exposure to a broad range of strategy issues. Previous travel industry experience is desirable but not required.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
• Demonstrated strategic thinking through a proven ability to analyze markets, performance data, and business issues and draw insight/conclusions
• Demonstrated experience in financial modeling/analysis and basic finance principles
• Strong interpersonal skills required to build relationships across business units for collaboration, data requests, and joint analysis
• Familiarity and proactive identification of external data sources and ability to manipulate them to reach necessary conclusions
• Understanding of hotel industry dynamics and economics desirable but not required
• High degree of accountability and personal responsibility
• Interest in longer-term career progression within strategy team and within broader IHG
• Able to gain credibility with executives and senior managers in the organization
• Strong self-motivation and ability to plan time/priorities
• Participate and collaborate on defining strategic agenda and critical business issues
• Recommend strategic action as a result of any analysis conducted
• Collaborative input and continuous improvement into global strategic planning as well as project management process
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R7041571_