IHG Key Account Manager- NorthEast Region in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Sales team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can manage sales activity focused on the assigned client or list of clients within the designated segment. Focus sales effort on designated accounts and also develop new accounts to meet brand, hotel, and management Company contribution goals. Act as primary point of contact for the relevant accounts to brand management and management companies, and as the acknowledged expert on customer issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Responsible for developing revenue, achieving sales goals and performance optimization of key accounts and customers share of spend targets within their market segment and/or portfolio.
● Introduce and promote major programs and promotions as directed to client base, including IHG Rewards Promotions and Dynamic Rate Agreement Manage RFP (request for purchase) process and implement preferred agreements with target accounts.
● Responsible for cost center budget management as it relates to accounts within the segment.
● Collaborate sales efforts cross-regionally, across departments and/or across market segments as required to coordinate actions against defined accounts
● Design, produce and maintain appropriate sales reports for internal stakeholders and external key accounts.
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Management, Business, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred
6-8 years progressive work-related experience in the service industry with at least 4 years in multi-unit or corporate roles in a hotel setting, as well as demonstrated understanding of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
● Demonstrated sales management experience in organizing, planning and executing sales segment plans from conception through implementation.
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Must be able to work effectively at executive level in client companies, possess strong relationship management skills, and well-developed negotiating and persuading abilities.
● Experience with franchise organization preferred. International experience may be required depending on market segment.
● Utilize planning tools such as Plan It and Business Objects and to evaluate and plan individual client brand share growth for IHG.
● Demonstrated knowledge of hotel industry and hotel sales & marketing, business planning, etc., along with strong sales ability, sales management, problem solving and analytical skills.
● Demonstrated knowledge of competitors’ sales strategies, positions and initiatives.
● Demonstrated computer skills using sales-related software in a hotel setting.
● Demonstrated understanding of the RFP process for transient accounts.
● Demonstrated knowledge of electronic distribution – both GDS & Internet, hotel operations, central reservations, global sales operations, and CRO/GDS rate loading.
● This role is virtual based, 40% of an individual’s time will be spent traveling within the territory.
● When traveling this position will be expected to be completely proficient at working from hotels, airports/airplanes, remote offices and/or locations.
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights):
● Plans and implements sales programs for assigned market segment clients to achieve business objectives across broad organizational lines and functional boundaries.
● Direct impact in determining and directing the sales plan, strategy and focus for the assigned market sector in an assigned region.
● Achieving personal and team targeted sales revenue
● Achieving personal and team sales account plan per account
● Achieving personal and team targeted sales call levels.
Contacts (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
● Area Managers and Brand Marketing - Act as a “Brand Partner” for relevant sales activities
● Hotel-level sales: to create and maintain a common sales focus
● Sales Programs Team – collaborate on overall sales strategies, report segment programs and metrics.
● Distribution Marketing Group – collaborate on, and support of, system and marketing initiatives to the assigned channel or market segment.
External Key Relationships
● Management companies, Company Managed Hotels’ management, and Franchise support - provide segment expertise
● Designated client contacts
● Brand management and management companies
● Potential clients
● Key Business Influencers
● Third parties
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R147492