IHG Instant Service Center Attendant in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Instant Service Center team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can answer calls from in-house guests in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with established scripts and standards.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
• Provide guests with information on hotel facilities and services, local directions, and emergency, safety, and security procedures, etc.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
• Answer phone calls within prescribed time frame, respond to guest’s request in a professional manner and according to established scripts and standards, and dispatch services/resolution in accordance with established procedures. Ensure calls are logged and follow up with guests to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic reading and writing plus six months experience as a phone/switchboard operator. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Speak, listen, and use a keyboard to type or route messages, usually done while sitting down.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs and taking messages for guests or hotel staff.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R145254