IHG Hotel Operations Support Consultant (Bilingual) in Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Hotel Operations team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can provide consultation and customer service support to ownership and management of hotels in a pre-determined territory within the Americas Region of approximately 3,400 hotels of all brands. Field incoming calls and answer questions or provide information regarding brand initiatives, hotel standards and operations, rate and inventory management, and service and quality planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Receive inbound telephone calls and e-mail from IHG hotels across all brands and regions, including travel industry customers (Travel Agents, OTA, GDS), and answer questions and resolve issues requiring a wide range of knowledge of IHG programs, promotions, initiatives, revenue management, rate and inventory management, distribution, content and general hotel operations.
● Receive inbound telephone calls and e-mail from internal IHG stakeholders (typically field based employees) and answer questions and resolve issues requiring a wide range of knowledge of IHG programs, promotions, revenue management, rate and inventory management, distribution, content and general hotel operations.
● Consult with hotels on IHG branded initiatives, programs, projects, and standards compliance to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness for Americas Region.
● Develop rapport with hotel operators and serve as a valuable and trusted partner, providing our hotels with information and quick resolution of issues with a goal of one call resolution..
● Investigate booking and content distribution issues and other barriers to revenue generation when reported by hotels, IHG personnel, or travel industry customers. Capture trends and report issues impacting normal hotel operations based on daily contacts.
● Provide tactical strategies to global hotel owners and operators on revenue optimization using Holidex, Pricing/Revenue Optimization Tools, (PERFORM), Partner Connectivity Portals, including DerbySoft, DHISCO, Avalon, Sabre E-Hotels
● Guide work associates in the development of procedures for hotel executional elements in areas such as guest services/relations, reservations, sales, and food & beverage, based on knowledge of ongoing hotel issues obtained from daily contact with hotel management.
● Initiate crisis management process of hotel emergencies as they are reported to IHG. Provide general assistance to hotels during emergency situations and escalate issues to the appropriate internal partners when necessary
● Complete special projects as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business, Education, or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
4-7 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in customer service in the Service/Hospitality industry involving hotel operations and/or training.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
● Demonstrated knowledge of hotel operations; of rules, laws and regulations relating to new hotel openings; and of applicable systems and programs.
● Demonstrate excellent customer service standards by thoroughly assessing needs, providing accurate and timely information based on SLA’s, handling complaints and providing alternative solutions when necessary
● Demonstrate knowledge of travel distribution channels such as but not limited to OTA’s GDS, Web, Travel Agents Insert
● Demonstrate analytical skills and ability to perform research and communicate and articulate findings to owners, operators, and internal stake holders in a clear and concise manner.
● Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills to owners, operators, senior and executive level leadership.
● Demonstrate ability to liaise between IHG and third party distribution partners to ensure consistency and accuracy of content, rate distribution and inventory management. Such partners include: Expedia, Booking, GDS and travel agents
● Demonstrated clear, concise and succinct communication skills, including adapting both verbal and written communications to the needs and level of user.
● Demonstrated knowledge of hotel systems, programs and training principles and procedures.
● Demonstrated ability to keep current with industry trends/changes.
● Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
● Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
● Demonstrate and proven ability to work independently as well as in small groups.
● Demonstrate Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $16,000 expenses
● This unit handles over 45,000 calls annually, and the consultants are a primary resource for hotels to obtain quick answers to questions
● This unit places 20,000 outbound calls annually for campaigns, or to follow up for Area Managers on ongoing issues in the hotels
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights)
● This position acts as a source of general knowledge on hotel operations, distribution marketing, revenue and systems management, and current programs and policies in the hotels. Daily decisions include correctly interpreting program information to answer a full range of questions or solve sophisticated hotel-level problems; applying knowledge of hotel operations to specific situations; or making a decision to refer a problem to a specialist or higher level (Area Manager, Revenue Manager, Owner Relations Director) for resolution.
CONTACTS (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
Hotel Operations Support Management and Management of other departments, e.g. Hotel Systems Support, Reservations, Brands, etc.
External Key Relationships
Franchisees, General Managers and other Hotel Management
● Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment.
● Some ability to travel required (generally less than 10%)
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R146087